7

All around camp people were doing their share of work to build up the camp. Most people were working on building the wall to keep the grounders out. West, not having been given a job, was randomly walking around the camp. As she made her way to the area where everyone was working on the wall, she saw a boy drop a large branch.

"Hey!" John yelled as he walked over to the boy.

West didn't pay attention and the two conversed. She could only assume John was being rude while the boy was only tired from working all day. John walked away while Bellamy talked to a young girl before walking away as well. When John came back West was shocked to see what he did.

Unzipping his pants, John began peeing on the boy who had dropped the log. West's face scrunched in disgust. The boys began fighting while people around laughed. Eventually, John yelled at people to get back to work, ending the scuffle. As everyone parted, Johns eyes met West's. All she did was role her eyes to show her disapproval before walking away.

The girl continued on her mindless walk until she saw a boy with goggles sitting on a log next to Monty. She recognized the boy as Jasper. Pleasant surprise made its way to her face seeing that he was doing better than when she saw him a week before.

"Jasper," West got his attention. "I know you don't really know me, but I'm glad you're okay." 

"Thanks." He smiled. "And I know who you are."

West frowned, thinking he only knew her from her crime.

"You almost got Jaha to plant Pink Bena flowers." Jasper laughed. Monty laughed along, remembering what the girl had done.

Living in the farm section on the ark, West learned a lot about plants. One plant she had learned could be eaten to help lessen pain. If the person wasnt in pain, they would get high. West laughed as she thought of how Jaha was shocked when he found out about how the drug gets people high.

"I'm surprised he believed me when I pretended to not know about it's other abilities." She admitted.

Jaspers laughing quieted and he became more serious. "Octavia and Monty told me you helped stop Murphy from killing me. Thank you."

West slightly blushed as she waved her hand. "Honestly it was no problem. You didn't deserve to be killed just because you were making a lot of noise."

"Well thanks." He said and Monty nodded in agreement.

West waved goodbye before leaving the boys. She felt warm inside knowing that she may have made two more friends. If not friends, then acquaintances.

The day continued to move on with West not doing anything. When she tried to help build the wall, people moved away from her. Eventually she heard commotion and ran towards it.

"You son of a bitch!" Clarke screamed as she pushed John. "Recognize this?" She questioned as she held up a knife.

Johns face fell as he saw it was his weapon. He asked where she had found it. West thought back to the night in the lily field where John had said he couldn't find his knife.

"It was where you dropped it after you killed Wells." Clarke cried.

West shook her head in confusion. She was with John most of that night. By the time they had returned everyone in camp was sleeping. John had gone straight to his tent. The two went back and forth as they fought about whether or not Murphy was the murderer.

"Bellamy look I'm telling you man I didn't do this." Murphy said to Bellamy as the crowd began getting riled up.

"I say we float him." I boy called out. West knew she had to step in.