9

Bellamy let go of West's arms allowing her to move. She quickly sat up and wiped the tears from her eyes. Bellamy and Clarke watched her as she gathered herself. West noticed the sky was dark and both Bellamy and Clarke looked out of breath.

"Did I do that?" She pointed to Bellamys face.

"Some of it." He said.

"Oh my god." Her hands covered her mouth in shock. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened."

"It was the nuts," Clarke spoke up. "They made us hallucinate."

West's eyes looked towards her backpack that had fallen off in the scuffle. Now she had no food to run away with.

"You said you didn't kill them," Clarke spoke up as she moved closer to the girl. "Who?"

West played with her finger as she thought of what had previously happened.

"I didn't kill my parents." West admitted. "The guards Mathings and Lones did."

Bellamy and Clarke looked at eachother, not knowing wether to believe the girl or not.

"I know you won't trust what I'm saying it true." West said as she wiped her remaining tears. "No one ever has."

"Tell us what happened and we'll see." Bellamy said.

He was curious about the mysterious girls real story. With the way she was acting under the nuts influence he knew there was something hidden.

"Mathings and Lones wanted my father to grow them extra food and drugs." West began her story. "He couldn't because if he did he would be floated. He gave up some of his own food for them. When they weren't getting the drugs they wanted, Mathings and Lones threatened my life. Still, he wouldn't do it. But he did steal drugs for them."

West paused as she took a breath to collect herself.

"They weren't getting all that they wanted from my dad, so they stabbed him." West's voice became shaky. "My mom knew it was them when she found the body, so she confronted them. That night they came to our home and slit her throat. I had walked in the door right as they had done it. I watched the life frail from her eyes."

West choked on her words. Her nails dug into her palms as she continued the story.

"Seeing me, Mathings attacked me. He choked me as I tried to push him off. I was able to kick him off me and grab the knife he had dropped. My mother's blood was still on it." Tears fell from her eyes. "Mathings went to attack me again, so I stabbed i'm him in self defense. I ran for the door, but Lones attacked me. I had to stab him too."

West covered her face with her hands as she cried. Bellamy and Clarke looked at one another as they began to believe her story.

"Guards hear the commotion and walked in on me with three dead bodies and a knife. They decided to pin my dads death on me as they had no other suspects. No one would listen to me when I tried to explain."

West couldn't bare to look at the two people in front of her. She had a feeling they would think she was crazier than before after hearing her story. She gasped when a hand was set on her shoulder. Her eyes wandered up the arm that belonged to the hand finding Bellamy next to her. Clarke was crouching down in front of her.

"We believe you." Bellamy said.

"Really?" West couldn't believe it.

"After how you acted with the hallucinations and what you've done since you've been on the ground, I feel like we have to."

"Thank you." She smiled. For the first time in years people finally believe her.

On the walk back to camp Bellamy and Clarke explained how another boy from camp tried to kill Bellamy while he was hallucinating. The boy did this because someone on the ark wanted Bellamy dead for trying to kill Jaha. After their explaination West stayed silent.