8

Since John was banished things had gone crazy in camp. A girl named Raven came down from the ark, sent by Clarke's mom, Abby. With Ravens help the teens were able to contact the ark. A grounder was being held hostage in the drop ship, something West disagreed with.

With being able to talk to the ark everyone began talking to their family's and Jaha about what will happen when they make it to the ground. West has avoided the conversation with Jaha. She knew that she wouldn't be forgiven for her crimes and it terrified her.

Now everyone had jobs in the camp. Jasper had invited West to crack open nuts and separate them into bags. Over the time that they had been on the ground Jasper and Monty began talking to West. They seemed to overlook the fact that she was a killer.

"It's crazy to think that people from the ark will be down here soon." Monty started a conversation.

"It'll be weird to see the people I haven't seen in so many years." West admitted.

"They're all still boring. Trust me." Jasper said while popping one of the open nuts into his mouth. West laughed as she ate one of the nuts as well.

"You guys aren't boring." She said while looking down to crack more nuts.

"You aren't either," Jasper smiled. "but I mean you never were boring." He and Monty laughed together while West grew confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"When we were young we wanted to be friends with you because we thought you were cool." Monty admitted while looking over to Jasper.

"Wait really?" West smiled from ear to ear. "I always wanted to be friends with you guys." She said while popping another nut into her mouth.

"If all three of us were friends on the ark they wouldn't have been able to handle it." Jasper points out.

West felt her chest tighten. Even though they acted as though they didn't care about her crime, she still felt as though it was a barrier between them. Setting down the nut she had just cracked open, she smiled at the two.

"I'm going to get some water."

Her feet carried her away from the boys towards the drop ship. Leaning against it, she tried not to think about what she had done. If Monty and Jasper had forgotten about it, she could too. While leaning against the ship she heard Bellamy and Clarke talking inside.

"The ark found some old records that show a supply depot not too far from here." Clarke explained.

As West listened she heard that the supplies would help them survive through the winter. Clarke wanted backup to go.

"Why are you asking me?" Bellamy questioned

"Because right now I don't feel like being around anyone I like."

After Bellamy agreed West stepped into the shuttle. Sitting in one of the seats was Octavia while Bellamy and Clarke stoood right at the opening.

"You don't like me," West smiled. "I'm coming too."

"No you're not." Bellamy automatically retorted.

"Yes I am." West reached in her back pocket pulling out her knife. "I can protect myself and you'll need the extra hands."

"How do we know you won't use the knife on us." Clarke crossed her arms over her chest.

"I haven't yet." West shrugged.

"Just let her go." Octavia said without looking at them. "She's got a point to everything she's said."

Clarke sighed before agreeing.