20

Everyone ran around the room pulling bars off the bunk beds and grabbing anything they could use as a weapon. Jasper had come up with a plan to escape the room. They would use anything they could to attack the guards and push their way out.

West was given a tank top, cardigan and jeans to change into. She let her hair fall in front of her face to hide herself. Jasper had her stand near the back of the group to protect her identity.

"Listen to me. Everyone stick to the plan." Jasper announced. "They are not taking anyone else out of this room without a fight!"

Once he finished speaking the doors were pushed open. Armed guards flooded the room as the doctor walked forward. Her eyes scanned over the front row before she pointed to Monty.

"This one."

Guards grabbed his arm to pull him from the group. Jasper panicked and pulled out the gun Bellamy had given him. He raised it before shooting at the guard that held Monty. This caused everyone to break out in a fight. A guards tried to grab West, but she pushed him off. Soon Jasper was grabbed from the ground. He screamed as he was pulled from the room.

The guards, to the doctors command, began checking everyone for weapons once the commotion settled. As they began checking people they started to cough. Their skin began bubbleing.

"Radiation." A guard yelled. "Get out."

The guards ran out of the room with the teens behind them. West followed Monty to the hall where Jasper has been pulled down. He was standing in the door of an elevator. West heard screaming coming from inside. Peering around the corner she saw the doctor. Her skin was bubbling as the radiation killed her. West closed her eyes as she listened to the screaming slowly stop.

"Come on we need to go." Jasper said as he grabbed Wests arm.

He pulled her to a large room that seemed to be where people ate. Everyone was scrambling around the room to grab items to block every entry. Jasper walked away from West to talk to Monty. Deciding to do her share of work, West began piling chairs into a pile against a door. Eventually every piece of furniture was against all the doors.

West looked around the room as her fellow criminals grabbed knives and hard objects. She decided against a knife and grabbed a pole from a broken bed. Once everything was ready, people just sat and waited. Taking a seat next to Monty, West waited for something to happen.

Over Montys shoulder, West watched the security cameras in the halls. When she wasn't expecting it a loud explosion was heard. She saw on the screen that they had blown open a passage and were running towards where they were stationed. West gripped the pole harder as she stood.

"Get ready." Jasper instructed everyone as the guards began banging on the doors.

In a few seconds the doors were pushed open and grenades, with the same red substance as at the drop ship, were thrown inside. West grabbed one and placed it into a bucket of water Jasper had set out. Everyone laid on the ground to pretend they were sleeping.

Hearing the barricade crash down made West wince. She held her breath as she waited. Around her she could hear the guards walking in. Her heart pounded when she finally heard Jaspers war cry.

Everyone jumped from their positions and began slicing and hitting the guards. Jumping up, West looked around to see who she could help. In the corner of the room she saw the girl, Harper, being attacked. West ran over and hit the guard across the head with her pole. Holding his head he backed away. West grabbed the girl and pulled her through the chaos to the other side of the room.

"Thanks." Harper expressed.

West only nodded as she couldn't take her eyes off what was happening around her. Jasper swung his axe into guards backs. Miller stabbed guards chests. Teens everywhere beat on the guards. Blood was splattered across the walls and everyone's clothes. West cringed at the sight.