Reading The Clouds

"It got me you

"It got me you."

y/n pov

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I ran down the many steps to Hagrid's hut. We heard some third years talking about his return this morning at breakfast.

We ran up to the door and could hear a faint talking inside. It wasn't talking as much as it was yelling.

"Come on." Hermione whispered as she ushered us to the window. We peeked in through the glass to see Umbridge and Hagrid.

Hagrid had many cuts and bruises, and his leg was bandaged up.

"I will say this one last time. I am ordering you to tell me where you've been."

"I've told yer. I've been away for me health." Hagrid defended.

"Your health?"

"Yeah. Bit of fresh air, yer know."

Umbridge rolled her eyes. "Oh yes. As gamekeeper, fresh air must be difficult to come by. If I were you, I shoudn't get too used to being back. In fact, I mightn't bother unpacking at all."

Hagrid epxression fell. It was taking everything in me to not burst through the door and teach her a lesson.

She giggled and exited the hut.

Once she was high enough up the hill, we slipped in the door she had just left out of.

Hagrid was sitting on his chair with his head in his hands.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"I can't lose me job. I've got no where else to go."

"Maybe if you could tell us where you've been we can help you." Hermione cooed.

He lifted his head out of his hands and gestured for us to sit down. "This is top secret, right?"

We all nodded.

"Dumbledore sent me to parylay with the giants."

"Giants!?" Hermione exclaimed rather loudly. Hagrid put a finger to his lip and shushed her.

"You found them?" Ron asked.

"Wel,, they're not that hard to find, to be perfectly honest. They're so big see? I tired to convince them to join the cause. But I wasn't the only one trying to win them over."

"Deatheaters?"

"Yes. Trying to persuade them to join You-Know-Who."

"And...did they?" Harry asked.

"I gave them Dumbledore's message. Suppose some of them remeber he was friendly to them, I suppose." Hagrid dabbed a wet cloth to the cuts on his face.

"And they did this to you?"

"Not exactly, no."

Thunder rumbled outside and a wind blew through the hut. Hagrid gazed out the window.