The Deadly Pink Takeover

TRIGGER WARNING : BLOOD QUILL SCENE

A bold ~ will be placed at the begenning and end of the scene

y/n pov

Harry and I walked, hand in hand, outside the school grounds. Today was a Saturday so we decided to just have a destressing today.

Harry needs it. Umbridge puts him in detention every chance she gets. 

We both momentarily stopped when we got to Hagrid's hut.

"Think hes going to come back soon?" I asked.

"I hope so."

We continued our walk to the edge of the forbidden forest. Harry stopped in his tracks when we got to a clearing. 

"There they are again. The things that pulled the carriage." He said pointing somehwhere in the distance.

I looked around, but still saw nothing. Except Luna Lovegood.

We walked up to her. She was petting something. Probably those things that only her and Harry can see.

"Hello, Harry and y/n." She said without turning towards us.

"Your feet." Harry said looking down. She had on no shoes. "Aren't they cold?"

"A bit. Unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect nargles are behind it."

Again with the nargles.

"What are they?" Harry asked as he reached his hand out to pet whatever Luna had a moment ago.

"They're called thestrals. They're quite gentle, really, people avoid them because they're a bit...different." She explained.

"Why can't I see them?" I asked her as we began to walk.

"They can only be seen by people who've seen death." 

"So...you've known someone whos died then?" 

"My mum." She answered. "She was quite an extraordinary witch, but she did like to experiment, and one day one of her spells went badly wrong. I was nine."

"Oh Luna, I'm sorry." I apoligized. I knew what it was like to lose a mom as a child. Everyday I worry if the memories I do have of her will one day slip away.

I feel even worse for Harry, he has no memories of his parents to hold onto. 

"Yes, it was rather horrible. I do feel very sad about it sometimes. But I've got dad. Oh look, a baby."

We stopped in front of what I assumed to be the baby thestral. She grabbed an apple out of her bag and fed it to the creature.

I watched as parts of the apple slowly disappeared.