Champion Selection

"And yet he gets it anyway

"And yet he gets it anyway."

y/n pov

The great hall was filled with students all chatting about, waiting for the champions selection to begin. I took a seat next to Cedric on the bench.

"Sitting with me instead of Harry, Hermione, and Ron? What an honor." Cedric joked as he bowed. 

"Is it a crime for me to want to sit next to my friend?" I asked in a mocking tone.

"Nope." Cedric smiled and swung his arm around my shoulder. "I'll do my best to make it worth your while."

harry pov

I entered the great hall and went to find my usual seat. I sat with Ron, Hermione, and the twins. The twins were both clammoring away about what they would do if chosen. Even though we all watched the Goblet spit out their names they thought it still might work.

I nudged Ron in the shoulder and he turned around. "Wheres y/n?"

He pointed across the room to where she was sitting with Cedric. He swung his arm over her shoulder and whispered something to her.

I felt the same jealously I had felt last year, when she was wearing Dracos hoodie. Why every year does she have to find some new, overly touchy, guy to hang out with?

"Now for the moemnt you've all been waiting for! The Champion Selection!" Dumbledores voice boomed. I turned my attention to the Goblet along with everyone else. 

The blue flame turned red and threw a peice of paper out. Dumbledore caught the paper and unfolded it slowly. 

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!" 

All of Durmstrang cheered and patted Krum on the back as he passed. He shook Dumbledores hand and went to go stand near the teachers table.

The flame turned from red to purple and another name was spit out. Dumbledore opened the paper and and announced. 

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!" The Beauxbatons girls all cheered loudly and a blonde girl walked up to Dumbledore. 

She shook his hand with a smile then went to stand by Krum.

"Here we go." I heard the twins say as the flame turned from purple to blue again. Dumbledore caught the name and looked back up with pride. "The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

We all burst into applause Cedric stood up and gave y/n a hug before walking up to Dumbledore. Many students high fived him and Dumbledore looked awfully exited about who would be representing Hogwarts as he shook his hand.

"We now have our three Champions, but in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist the chalice of champions, this vessel of victory. The Triwizard cup!"