Chapter 5

***Lukes Pov***( what an unexpected twist!)

      I was minding my own business, when my mom yelled from downstairs that we had visitors. Hm, weird, we hardly get people over here at Greenfall. I walked down the stairs and to the living room, to see the weirdest group of people standing by the door.

      The one at the front had...brown eyes? Brown!? Is she even an elf? The one standing on her right was a guy that I new immediately to be the Vacker in my year. The dude on the girls right, I'm pretty sure was also in my year, like the Vacker kid, I remember that EVERY girl fell for him. Behind the weird brown eyed girl, was four other people. A girl that I knew also to be a Vacker, since their famous, A really emo dude with silver tipped bangs, and a shy looking girl next to him, that looked a lot like him. The last one was a dude with strawberry hair, that kept fidgeting his hands. I looked at all of them weirdly.

      "Uh, hi!" The brown eyed girl said enthusiastically. "Um, hi?" I said awkwardly. 

       "Sweetheart, these kids were wondering if they could talk to you." My mother spoke. The Vacker girl spoke up in a sweet voice, "Could we please?" She asked. I rolled my eyes, sighing. "Fine." I answered reluctantly.     

     They awkwardly followed me up to my room.

        Once I got to my room, I sat down on my and raised my eyebrows at them. 

     "What is it you what?" I asked a little rudely. They all exchanged nervous looks with each other.

      "First of all, my names Sophie." Spoke the brown eyed girl. "This is Fitz and Biana Vacker." She said, pointing at the two. "This is Keefe Sencen." She pointed at the blonde dude. "This is Dex Dizznee." The dude who kept fidgeting. "And this is Tam and Linh Song." The emo dude and the shy girl, okay. 

     "Luke Castamen." I told them. They nodded, as if they already knew. 

      "Now, what is it you want?" I asked harshly. The girl named Sophie looked at me. "Well, we have some questions for you." She answered. "Alright then, take a seat and get on with it." I gestured to my desk with the rolly chair, and the two chairs beside it. The girls sat down, and the boys remain standing by them.

     "Look Luke, were sorry for bringing this up, but we need you to answer honestly, even though we know you won't want to." That's when I figured out what they were talking about. I had vowed to myself that I'd never tell anyone anything about them, cause I knew they trusted me, even if their not here. My eyes turned cold and angry, and I shot them with a deadly glare, which they flinched to. 

      "I will never  talk about them to anybody! Especially not some strangers who showed up wanting answers! So you might as well leave, as I'm not saying anything!" I shot at them. That's when the Keefe dude spoke, "look, Castamen, we really need you to tell us, this is like, really important." "Oh yeah? Then why is it so important?" I growled. 

         Fitz looked at Sophie. "He deserves to know." He spoke. 

      "Know what?" I asked, softer this time, more confused. 

     "Luke, we need answers, because we saw them recently, we know where they are." Sophie said softly. My eyes widened. I had known where Y/n went, I guessed from the note, but how had they even known about them? Did pretty boy and mop head actually pay more attention to us than we thought? 

      Know that I thought about it, I realized, how did they even know about me? Y/n and I never talked to Vacker and Sencen. 

    "What do you mean?" I asked, stuttering. Now that I had realized all those things, I was pretty scared. 

      "We mean their with the Neve-" I cut Keefe off. "I know their with the Neverseen! I know what they've done! I know why they left!" I tore my hand through my brown hair, obviously angered now. I put all the hatred and anger I've had to people, and used it to shoot them with probably the most scariest glare ever.

       Y/n had always told me I shocked them due to the fact I was never angry, how my sky blue eyes always held happiness and peace, that I was such a great person for always being positive and gentle. That that was one of the reasons they liked me as a friend. Just a friend. That's all I was to them. That had really hurt me. I had liked them for forever now. But they didn't like me...

     I hadn't gotten the chance to tell them that I felt that way. I tried to stay away from thinking like that, knowing I could break. But I couldn't help but feel I could've changed something. Maybe if I told them, they would've felt the same? Maybe they would've stayed? Maybe they wou- 

     "Hey, Luke? You there? Are you ok?" I had just realized I was crying, and I had zoned out. 

     Sophie sighed after I wiped away my tears. "Please, please tell us Luke, it's only a few questions, and we need answers." 

   I shook my head, I wasn't gonna tell them anything. At least I was gonna try not to. 

"Luke, we can bring them back." My head snapped up at the shy girl's words, Linh right? Yeah its Linh. "You can?" "If you give us answers we can." Sophie replied softly. "Alright. Fine. What do you need to know?"

       "Why'd they leave Luke?" Sophie asked gently. I sighed.

     I walked over to my dresser, and picked up some books, the books that had been hiding the note for so long. The note I'd look at every morning. The only thing left I had directly from them. I picked it up, and walked over to Sophie. The note had gotten so dusty after all these years. I held it out to her, and she took it gently. The other's read over her shoulder. "I don't understand Luke." Sophie said. 

       I sighed, and started to explain the note, and why they left. "They felt unwanted Sophie. They felt as if they were tossed away. The Black Swan dumped them like a garbage bag Sophie. Stopped talking to them. Left them at uneven and unfinished edges. They hated that. They felt like they were doing something good when they were helping them, like they were making so much more better. I know it sounds like they wanted attention. They did. Just not as much as your thinking. They wanted to be noticed as helpful to the Lost Cities. When they ditched them, it broke them." Pretty boy Vacker interrupted me. "The Black Swan never ditched them! They were protecting them! They didn't want anything bad to happen!" He defended. "Stop lying!" I yelled, and they all flinched. "They  KNEW they were malfunctioning! They KNEW they had failed! They could've helped them, but they didn't! They LET them stay as a FAILED PROJECT! They didn't bother with them! And your soaking up all the lies their telling you! If it wasn't for them, they would still be here!" Sophie stood up abruptly, obviously offended by how I was insulting the Black Swan. "If it wasn't for them, they wouldn't even be alive!" "You got your answers! Now go! Leave the note! I should've never told you! I doubt you can help them anyways!" Sophie slammed the note on the table, grabbed onto her friends, and light leaped away. Unfortunately, I could tell that was not the last time I'd see those jerks.

Ok, I'M SO SORRY! I'M JUST NOW REALIZING HOW LITTLE THERE IS OF YOU AND FITZ TOGETHER! I AM VERY SORRY! I JUST HAD TO EXPLAIN THE BACK STORY AND HOW THINGS WENT! IM SO SORRY! THIS PROBABLY WASN'T WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING! I DON'T BLAME ANYONE IF THEY HAVEN'T KEPT READING TO HERE! I PROMISE AS THINGS GO FURTHER, YOU AND FITZ WILL BE TOGETHER MORE! I HAVE A FEW IDEA'S, BUT I'M WARNING YOU, THEY WOULD NOT FOLLOW THE PLOT OF THE BOOKS! I'M SOOOOO SORRY!

-Lynn