Chapter 18 B)

Uhm it's been a hot minute. 

Guys I wrote this story so long ago, I am actually distraught over this grammar and the storyline and what is happening. It's been about two years, I figured I might try and finish it? 
Tbh I completely forgot this existed, sorry about that. 

Anyways here's the story:

(Y/n's POV)

The chair I'm sitting on is probably usually quite comfortable, but in this moment, it was not. Here I am, sitting in a big, green, cushion chair against the wall, with far too many people staring at me. The Black Swan, Moonlark, and all her friends specifically. They weren't saying anything, just staring. It was odd, to say the least, considering it had been like that for 5 minutes now. It was getting awkward. I hate awkward. 

"So...is this a staring contest, or...?" 

"Do you want it to be a staring contest?" Mr. Wrinkles asked in response. 

"Depends. What happens if I win?" I answered, a slight smirk sprouting on my face, despite my circumstances. I got no response in return. 

"Y/n," Granite started. "Would you care to explain what happened?" He finished. 

"I don't know, would I?" I scanned the faces of everyone there. The Sencen boy, the Moonlark, the goth looking guy and his look-alike, the dimple boy, until my eyes landed on the last person. 

Fitz Vacker. Yipee. 

He stared back at me for a few moments, then opened his mouth to speak. 

"Let's not respond to questions with a question, that's incredibly irritating. Would you please answer the question?" I couldn't tell if there was frustration or desperation laced in his voice. Perhaps both? 

"Well, technically speaking, the last part of your little add on there was a question, which would be in response to my question. Lets not be hypocritical, Fitzroy." He glared at the mention of his full name, whilst I just stared.

"Y/n," Forkle put his head in his hands. "Just answer the question." He sighed. 

"Now that's more like it! See Fitz? That right there was a demand, not a question. You could learn a thing or two from wrinkles over here," I sat back, it was still awkward. No one seemed to be enjoying my responses, though I thought they were quite humorous. 

"Oh, and stop calling me that. You don't deserve to call me that." I added, attached with a little bit of anger. 

No one said anything, just sat there, staring. I sighed. 

"You wanna know what happened? Here it is. One moment I was falling asleep after running away from the whole getting-in-trouble-with-the-council fiasco, the next I woke up in a prison. The rest? I have no clue." Well, I answered their question. They still didn't seem very happy. 

Granite cut in, "Can you describe it? Can you describe anything?" 

I stared at him for a moment. 

"Um, it was made up of multiple building sources, I think? I don't know, it looked like a mixture of brick and cement and all the jazz," I sat there for a second in thought, racking my brain for anything else. Anything, till I found something and spoke again. 

"The Neverseen symbol. It was engraved. In the ceiling, maybe? The wall? I have no clue, but there was an engraving from it. That's all I can say." 

Forkle seemed deep in thought, then slowly stood up, "It'll do for now," He paused.

"Woah, no, no, no. You don't just get to walk away. I gave you your answers, which you don't even deserve, by the way. You abandoned me, and now expect me to hand you everything on a silver platter? This is why the Neverseen are winning," 

He glanced back over his shoulder, opened his mouth, and closed it again. He fully twisted back around to look at me. 

"You will get all your questions answered, as well, Y/n. In due time. We have none to waste now, unfortunately," He went to turn back around, and stopped. 

"We do realize, you know, the worst move we ever made was abandoning you."

I scoffed, "Could have realized that 16 years ago." 

"Keefe, Fitz, Linh, take them back up please. One of you stay up there as well, until we can have a proper adult there. I have a feeling they trust you more than us." 

The girl, Linh, walked over and extended her hand to me. I looked at it, then back at her, and got up on my own. 

"Keep your hands off me and keep your distance. I'm not gonna run, I have nowhere to go." I stated before any of them could come close to me. 

Fitzroy didn't listen. 

Kept his hands off, of course, I would bite him if he didn't, but he sure didn't know what personal space was. 

Or maybe he did, and I wasn't the only one that got tingles when he would accidentally brush his hand against mine as we walked up the stairs. 

Sorry for the 1-2 year disappearance babes, take this as you will, my writing is whack and I'm just trying to fix it. This plot had so much potential... 
I'll work on it guys 
My apologies, I hope this is good! 
-Lynn