Chapter 9

So I know I promised to people I would update soon, and I'm sorry I didn't carry that out! I've been focused on other things, and I've been really tired lately, and I honestly don't know why. 

But here I am! Finally updating!

______________________________________________

Why? How? What? 

That was the start of every thought that crossed Y/n's mind. 

Why did the Neverseen do this to them?

How had they "not passed"?

What did they " not pass"?

Their mind never cleared. Anxiety, worry, and confusion was all they felt.

That was until they heard whispers coming from the wall. Only then, did the worry go away, and was replaced with fear. But the anxiety and confusion still bubbled up in their stomach, making them want to puke. They couldn't tell what the whispers were, they only heard the faint muffled noise of the person in the cell next to them. No matter how many times Y/n put their ear up to the wall, they could never hear what was being said. Sure, the words had become a bit more audible, but they couldn't make out the words being said. 

Y/n dragged their hand across the wall, bored out of their mind. They had no idea what Gisela meant, and they had given up on trying to hear the person beside them, for all they knew, it could be a hallucination. 

Then the wall started cracking.

Y/n jumped back, frightened at the sudden sound and movement. What or who was on the other side?

~~~Fitz's POV~~~

The minute he heard voices on the other side of the wall, LOUD voices, he knew something was up.

It was the day after he heard the voices, and he couldn't stop thinking about what or who they had come from.

He hadn't realized that well he was thinking, he was muttering the whole thing.

He looked back up at the Neverseen's symbol that was carved into his cell. That was about all he did. Stare at the symbol. What else was he supposed to do? 

He hadn't really thought about why it was there. He had just thought it was just, you know, there. Probably put their by the prisoners before him to tell him where he was. But what if it was there for a different reason?

He imagined himself as the prisoner. What purpose would it be for to carve a symbol into the cell wall? Now that Fitz thought about it, how HAD they carved it? Surely they didn't have any kind of sharp objects in here, right? 

He stared straight at the middle of the eye, where the "pupil" was. He didn't notice that his eyes had followed where the center of the eye was looking. Wall. Just wall. 

He ran his hand over it. Nothing. Tapped it. Noting. Knocked on it. Nothing.

Then he threw both of his hands, in fists, straight against the wall. 

It cracked.

______________________________________________

Hehe, don't you just love cliffhangers?

-Lynn