Chapter 17 :O

Alright it's been a hot minute but I was originally going to go back and fix the other chapters cause some of them are...funky. I started this last year and uh- yeah. But it's been awhile so I decided to update this and then go back and fix them. So, just so y'know, some of the chapters are gonna change- drastically. I'll try my best not to change the story line and I am not changing the plot bc it's amazing.  Also I don't think I'm actually gonna end this one as quickly as I said I would. There may or may not be a sequel. 

Yn's pov 

I woke up again, still covered in darkness. Except this time there was something else I could hear...someone else?

I don't know. I heard the soft clack of shoes on the tile. I ran my fingerings in between the dusty lines running through the hard floor. 

Then the shoes got louder. I looked up and could see a small hole of light shining through the door. And the shoes kept getting louder. Closer. Clack...clack...clack.....clack

clack, clack, clack, clack, clack

The feet were getting closer. There's wasn't just one pair, now I could tell. 

2 pairs.

...3 pairs? 

4 pairs...

I shuffled back as far as I could. My ankle was burning for some reason. It was on fire. I wanted to keep moving back but I couldn't. 

The floor, it felt different. The tile wasn't nearly as rough. The lines in the floor were thinner. I'm not in the same place I was earlier...

I scrambled back once the feet started booming, far too close for comfort. I hit a wall and slammed the back of my head. The feet were too close now. 

Then they came to an abrupt stop. Right outside, uh, wherever I was. 

I covered the back of my head, which was throbbing from the impact of the wall, with my hands. My knees were pulled up to my chest. I could feel my heartbeat. Boom, boom, boom. It quickly sped up even more when I heard whispers right outside the, uhm, door? 

"What do we do with them? It's been years!"
"How do we know it's even them?"

"They don't like us Forkle. You heard the others, they despise us."

FORKLE?! No. I'm not with the Black Swan, am I? Stupid wrinkly man. I can't be with the black swan. There's no way-

I heard a quiet sigh. "Will you all shut up? They can probably hear us. I'll answer questions later. As for one of them, the kids confirmed that it's them. Unless it's some sort of cover-up we somehow didn't detect."

After that, in a split second, I was blinded by light as the door boomed open. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Yes I know it's short, but it's better than nothing, yeah? I tried. I also love cliffhangers (writing them, not getting them, lmao) so I figured this was the best place to stop. Usually I write up to at least 1,000 words, but this wasn't even 500. I think it was like 453? I forgot to check before writing this part. I'll try and update more along with fixing the other chapters and actually putting things abt you and Fitz.

A lot of ppl read this so far. Y'all are simps 🤨 /hj