The Trial (chapter 14)

Ok! I'm back! I'm better! I'm feeling good! I have gotten my mental state in better shape, and the bullying has toned down! Thank you for being ok with me taking a break! I know I said it would be longer, but I got the help I needed! Next chapter! Here ya go!

______________________________________________

~Dex's POV~

     I can't. I can't go. I can't do this. Not after I saw what happened to them. They were knocked out for so long, and they decide to give them a trial so quickly. At least give them a break. Seeing their body laying on the ground before they passed out... that's an image I can never get out of my head. I can't believe the council is actually doing this. They helped us escape. Their the only reason I'm standing here. The only reason any of us are. They saved our lives, yet still have to go through a trial. Still have to pay the consequences. I get it, they worked with the Neverseen. They were part of the enemy. But what the Black Swan did to them wasn't right either.

     I don't want to be here. Sitting in this seat, waiting to find out what they're punishment for the person who saved my life is. Keefe and Linh were sitting by me. Linh looked terrified. Keefe had his head on Tam's shoulder, his mischievous smirk long gone. No one had been themself. 

     Though, no one was acting more different than Fitz. He won't say anything. Won't talk to anyone. Not Keefe. Not Sophie. Not Alden or Della. Not Biana. Won't even glance at anyone. He was staring at the floor, gripping the arms of his chair. I couldn't quite read his expression. He looked worried, but also confused. He looked like he wanted to burst into tears, but also like he wanted too burn the building down. I just hope his anger issues don't get the best of him.

Then the council came out, and a burning fire lit up his eyes.

~Y/n's POV~ 

I was sitting criss cross on the ground, my hands cuffed behind my back, my feet chained together, shivering. It was cold, but my insides were burning with hatred. Hatred for the Council. Hatred for the Black Swan. My memories had slowly started coming back to me, but I didn't tell anyone. If I did, they would know I have information on the Neverseen. That I remember being a traitor. That I can confirm I was. I won't let that happen.

     Then again, I've heard Exile is horrible, but do I really have anywhere else to go? The Black Swan made me a failed project. Made me the freak show I am. Gisela betrayed me, so I can't go back to the Neverseen. I refuse to go back to my parents. Gosh, if I just knew what Gisela meant by "test"! Maybe I could retry then! Show here I can pass the test! Show her I-

Guards ran into the room and grabbed me before I could finish my thoughts. 

I was pulled on stage. I didn't want to look at anyone, but I forced myself to. I regretted it. The whole city was there. Elves were left and right, staring at me with hatred. But then I saw the group that stood out. That weren't looking at me with hatred. Fitz's group. 

The Moonlark and Linh, who's name I had just recently learned, looked like they were about to cry. Dexter had a blank look. Keefe and Tam looked drained and exhausted. Then I saw Fitz.

His was staring at the council with burning anger. Like he wanted nothing but to stab every one of them. Then his gaze averted to me. We stared at each other for a moment, I could see the sadness in his eyes, and feel the regret in mine. We both wished we weren't here.

     Emery stood, and the crowd stared at me expectantly. I did not bow. I refused to bow in front of one of the men who had ruined my life. I just stared. Then he started talking.

"Today we are here for the trial of Ms/Mr. Y/n L/n. (Did I already give y'all a last name? Can't remember😶) who has been suggested guilty of treason. Now..."

My trial had begun.

______________________________________________

Another cliffhanger for my lovely readers! Sorry this ones a bit on the shorter side, I gotta get back into my groove! Lol, sound like my mother.

-Your back and better than ever author, Lynn💕