Chapter 4

Like I said last chapter, this chapter will be far more interesting! At least I hope you think so! 

***FITZ'S POV***

          We are at Havenfield, currently discussing what had just happened at Atlantis, but I wasn't paying attention. I was to busy thinking about them. At Foxfire, I had never really payed that much attention to them for awhile, I mean, I was only 12 years old. But when I became a level 3, I had noticed them a bit more. They were so quiet, always looked like they were thinking of something. Basically everyone in my level, level 2, and level 4 had been trying to get my attention, to get me to notice them, I think there were even some level 5 and 6 ones as well. But that one person, Y/n L/n, had hardly even given me a glance, which was why I wanted to find out more about them. I remember that they always talked to 1 person, that was it, but I couldn't remember anything about that person, except for the fact he was a guy.

      "Fitz? Are you okay? Your looking kinda pale," Dex asked. "Hmm?" I murmered back in question. "I was asking if your okay." No, no I definitely wasn't. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I grumbled back. 

       I looked at Sophie and Keefe. Sophie looked worried, and Keefe just his eyebrows raised in question.

       "Keefe, do you remember that one person in our year, the really quiet one, who only hung out with 1 guy?" I questioned him. Now everyone was looking at me weirdly, wondering why I brought up such a random question. "Oh, yeah, the one who obviously had no taste, as they never even LOOKED at the keefester? That one? Yeah, why?" I was about to ask another question, but Mr.Forkle interrupted me. "Fitz, what does this have to do with anything?" "I'm getting there." I answered. I looked back at Keefe. "Do you remember how after level 3, they literally just disappeared?" Keefe nodded. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the collective all noticeably pale, even Granite somehow, seriously, how does a rock pale? I raised my eyebrows at them. "Fitz, do you remember said persons name?" Forkle asked me. "Yeah, uh, it was Y/n L/n." All their eyes widened. "Do you know them?" I questioned them. "Fitz, why have you brought them up?" "At Atlantis, a member going with Ruy and Gisela, their hood moved back a little, and it was them."

       Granite/Terigen stood up quickly, and faced Forkle. "I told you Forkle! It was as we feared!" Surprisingly even Forkle looked nervous.

     "What was as you feared?" Grady asked. "It's time for us to come clean Forkle, that deserve to know." Granite interjected.

     "I suppose they do, get comfortable everybody, we've got a long story ahead of us." Forkle warned. We all sat down, prepared to listen. "Long ago, when we were inventing Project Moonlark, there was something as to go with it, as we did not want to let the Moonlark alone." He explained. Sophie raised her eyebrows in challenge. Forkle looked at her, and sighed. "It's true Sophie, we had thought about how you would feel, and I know you might not believe me, but it's true." Forkle stated. "Anyways, we had come up with another project, a project that was designed to stand by the Moonlark, to fight beside them. We called it, Project Element. It was as it sounds. Project Element was supposed to manifest all of the elemental abilities, such as a Shade, Guster, Flasher, Hydrokinetic, Earthlin, and Pyrokinetic. We made sure they were meant to only manifest as a Pyrokinetic in the most desperate of times, as how dangerous and looked down upon the ability is. The project was a little bit easier, so it took much less time to finish the project, specifically 2 years quicker. Then, as we had done for Sophie, we inserted the DNA into a women, except this time it was an elf. The birthing went perfectly, I couldn't be there to see it, as to hide my identity, but I did stop by at their parents house, as to check on their parents and the new child. It was very sweet, they were a very happy baby. All the way up to 12 years old, everything was going smoothly. They had manifested as a Guster, Shade, and Flasher already. They even had a best friend." 

        After that, Keefe interrupted. "Ok, but wait, I think I'm answering a question everyone has when I tell you, that dude does NOT have good hair! It literally is just flat! And it's a boring brown! Like come one people!" Grady glared at Keefe to shut him up.

     "Anyways." Forkle continued, giving Keefe a pointed look. "That's when things started going wrong. Their Pyrokinetic ability had already started showing. They were always burning up, not actually, but they were always at least 137°F, which was not good. By now they already knew about us, so they came asking about it, as they knew we had created them. They weren't supposed to know yet, we were waiting till Sophie knew, which was supposed to be when Sophie was 16, but that didn't work out for either of them. We had to stop making contact with them, it was the only way to keep them safe. 5 months later, we got a note from their parents, explaining how they had run away. Their friend had gone up to check on them one morning, so they could go to Foxfire together, but they were gone. All that was left was a note, and he wouldn't show it to anyone. He wouldn't talk about them, wouldn't tell us what motives they might've had to run away. We had assumed the worst, and it turned out we were right..."

~~~time skip after that lovely story~~~

      We were in Sophie's bedroom now, just Sophie, Dex, Keefe, Tam, Linh, Biana (just pretend she's recovered by now), and me. We were all in shock from what we had just learned, so it was basically silent. Well, if you didn't count Keefe ranting in the background about how awesome he was, and how 'that dudes' hair couldn't compete with him, when I remembered a very important question. 

      "Keefe, what was 'that dudes' name again?" I asked him. "I don't know, something like Luke Castellan I think?" (I'm sorry, I had too😂) it was more of a question than an answer. "Maybe something like Lime Camen? Lucky Carmin? Luke Castamen?" I stopped him. "YES! YES THAT'S IT!" I shouted. "What? Lucky Carmin? I'm not so sure Fi-" "No! No, not that one! The last one! Luke Castamen!" Linh looked at me weirdly. "What? The guy Mr. Forkle was talking about? Their friend?" She asked. "YES!" I shouted. "What about him?" Dex asked. "Well, Forkle said he's the only one who knows why she left." Keefe furrowed his eyebrows. "Okkkkkkkkk?" He basically asked, wondering why it meant anything. "Oh my god, use your brain mop head! Obviously he's implying that we need to go talk to this Luke Castamen guy!" Tam interjected. "HEY! Do. Not. Insult. The. Hair!" Keefe answered back, sounding hurt. "Will you two stop it! Fitz is right! We need to go pay Luke Castamen a visit!" Sophie stated. There was no more arguing, we all knew what we had to do.

How do ya like it? Surprisingly, this didn't take me long to write! Even though its literally 1,307 words long! I hope you liked it! How do ya feel about the Moonlarks crew going to meet your old best friend? I hope I actually did make this more interesting for you like I promised! 

-Lynn