Chapter 17

Brad P/O/V:

I pull up in-front of the hotel and smile to myself while I walk inside and up to my room. I open the door and find Tristan, James and Connor all sitting around "How'd it go?" I grin "How long have you all been her?" Connor shrugs "Like an hour, maybe two." I roll my eyes but smile "Well the date went very well."

They nod and I sigh "I told her that we were leaving but that I would be back as soon as possible." James laughs "I can imagine that," he turns to Tristan "Hey this is great but I have to disappear for a couple of weeks but I won't forget you." They all fall about laughing and I roll my eyes sitting on the sofa by the window "That is not what happened.

*Time skip four weeks*

Jodie P/O/V:

I smile at Molly and walk into the café "Morning." She grins "Hi." I walk over hanging up my coat and pulling on my apron "How are you?" she shrugs "I'm alright, how are you?" I shrug "Missing Brad, but we've talked every night." She smiles "That's adorable, when do they get back?"

I shrug slightly "Not sure, should be in two days' time." She nods and smiles "How's Chewie?" I smile "As lively as ever." She laughs and we serve the few customers who come in. I stretch and lean against the counter "How long till lunch?" Molly laughs "An hour." I sigh and Molly grins looking over my shoulder "Although I know something that might cheer you up." I smile "What?" she smiles nodding towards the door "Turn around."

Rolling my eyes slightly I turn and smile brightly "Brad?" he grins "Surprise." I run around the counter and into his arms hugging him tightly "I thought you weren't coming back for another couple of days." He shrugs slightly smiling "We had a change of plans. Managed to get away earlier." I smile "Well you won't get any complaints."

He smiles walking with me back over to the counter "Do you read the paper?" I shake my head "No?" he takes one out of the bag slung over his shoulder "Your all the news is talking about currently." I stare at him confused before looking down at the front cover sure enough there is a picture of me and Brad at the zoo captioned 'Brad Simpson seen with mystery girl.' Molly laughs "I could make a fortune." I glare at her and she smiles "Don't worry your secrets are safe with me."

I read the small article before looking at Brad "Aren't they kind?" he laughs and Molly picks up the paper reading through it grinning "Oof." I hit her in the arm "Shut up." Brad laughs and smiles "Well everyone now knows about us." I smile "Any advice?" he shakes his head "No, we don't have to tell anyone anything else if you don't want to." I nod slightly "If that's alright with you."

He nods "Of course its alright. Are you free tonight?" I nod and he grins kissing my cheek "I'll pick you up at seven." He waves at Molly and walks out. I laugh smiling brightly "Well it must be lunch time now?" Molly laughs and checks her watch "Yep." She picks up the paper "I'm keeping this by the way." I look at her confused "Why?" she shrugs "I'm sure there's something interesting in there too read."

I roll my eyes and smile at the chef behind the counter taking my plate "Thank you." He smiles "Of course, new boyfriend?" I nod and he smiles nodding slightly "Good looking young man." I laugh and walk over to an empty table sitting down to eat. A few more customers walk in and Molly serves them smiling.

At the end of the day the two of us help the chef clean the tables putting the chairs up. "See you tomorrow." I wave and grab my coat walking towards the underground. Once back at home I shower and dig around my wardrobe for something to wear. I choose:

Happy I walk into the lounge and sit on the sofa, Chewie climbs up next to me and I tickle him behind the ears "How have you been?" he yaps and lays down on the cushion his legs spread out

Chuckling I take out my phone checking Instagramand my messages. Bored I turn on the tv and flick through the channels tryingto find anything worth watching. I settle on a film and lean back intothe cushions placing a hand on Chewie's back.