Chapter 32

(time skip 1 week)

"Is this how you felt when you met my parents?" Brad chuckles kissing my cheek "They're going to love you." I nod slightly smoothing down my skirt "How do I look?" he grins pressing a gentle kiss to my lips "Beautiful as ever." I blush slightly and jump when the door bell rings "Ready?" I nod "Yes." he grins and walks away. I hear the front door open and Brad greeting his family happily.

Taking a deep breath I smile brightly and I walk into the hallway. "You must be Jodie, its lovely to meet you." I smile "Its nice to meet you too Mrs Simpson." she shakes her head hugging me "None of that dear Anne is just fine." I nod smiling "Anne it is." she nods happily "This is my husband Derek." I smile taking the hand he offers "Its nice to meet you." he smiles "You as well, Brad has told us so much about you." 

Brad walks to my side taking my hand in his and giving it a gentle squeeze "Come on through." we all walk through to the lounge and I sit next to brad on one of the small sofas. "Natalie is very sorry she couldn't come, she couldn't get away from work." Brad nods "She already called. Would you like a drink?" Anne nods "Tea would be lovely." I smile "Water please." Brad walks into the kitchen and Anne turns to me "Brad tells us you're a waitress, do you like your job?" I shrug "I work with one of my best friends so yes. It's only a small place so its never very busy but its nice."

I lean down when Chewie runs into the room scratching behind his ears before he runs over to Derek and Anne sniffing at their feet. "Who's this?" I smile "Chewie." he yaps happily spinning around in a circle  before running out once more "Jesse must love having a permanent friend." I nod smiling "I think so." Derek smiles "So how long have you and Brad been living together?" I smile "Not long several weeks." he nods "But you are happy?" I nod accepting the glass of water of Brad "Absolutely." he grins kissing my forehead "Very happy." 

He sits down and I lean into his side listening to them talk. "Jodie, do you sing?" I shake my head "No." Brad grins "Yes you do." I give him a small glare "Not very well." he chuckles "I think you sing wonderfully." I laugh shaking my head slightly "I don't agree." he grins kissing my cheek "Okay." he turns back to his parents starting to talk again.

"Goodness is that the time. We'd better be of." we all stand and Brad hugs both his parents "It was good to see you both again." they nod and Anne walks over smiling "It was lovely meeting you." she hugs me gently and when she pulls away Derek also gives me a small hug "Lovely to meet you Jodie." I smile moving to Brads side "It was nice to meet you both." Brad smiles and we follow them to the door waving as they drive away. "Well we have officially met both parents." I laugh wrapping my arms around his waist "Yep." he wraps his arms around my shoulders "I love you." he leans down kissing me gently "I love you too."