Beginnings

Izuku POV

Hiya! I'm Izuku Midoriya and I'm gonna tell you about how I became a hero!

~11 years ago, Doctor's Office~

"Sorry kid. I'm afraid it's not gonna happen." The doctor said.

"W-What?" My mom replied.

I didn't say anything, I was just in shock, the bangs of my black hair with green highlights hanging over my head.

"I'm afraid the kid's not gonna get a quirk." He continued.

"Oh goodness..." My mom said with tears seeping out of her green eyes.

"I'm afraid you can't-"

"Be a hero...." I finally replied, bangs still seeping over my face.

"What?" He replied confused. My mother looked at me as well.

"You were going to say that I can't be a hero right? That's what's wrong with the world."

They both looked at me with shocked faces. After all, I was four years old and talking about the problems of the world.

"80%. 80% of this world has been born with a gift. How they use it can make a hero or a villian. But, what about the rest of the world? What if they want to become heroes more than anything? Yet are being held back by the philosophy that you need a quirk to become a hero. That's why... No matter what you or anyone else says..."

I looked up with determination in my eyes.

"I will become a hero! Become a pillar of hope to everyone! They will know my name and know they are safe! I will become the next symbol of Peace!"

They looked at me dumbfounded. But I never wavered. I meant every word. Soon, the doctor smiled along with my mother.

"That's my boy!" My mother said happily while she hugged me.

"If anyone can do it. It's you, kid." The doctor said.

~The next day~

"OWWWW!!"

I was sent tumbling to the ground by my best friend, Katsuki Bakugo, AKA Kacchan.

"K-Kacchan? Why?" I ask as I try to get up. I'm hit with another explosion sending me right to the poles of the swing set of the playground we're at.

"HA! DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN BECOME A HERO WITH NO QUIRK?? YOU'RE A LOSER! WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY ATTENTION TO YOU, WHEN THEY HAVE ME!!" Kacchan said as he was lighting sparks in his hands.

"You're worthless, Deku!" He continued. "You'll never amount to anything except my footstool on my path to success."

I couldn't even hear him because I was fading in and out of consciousness. My mind was going blank, I couldn't figure out how to move. Suddenly, I remembered everything from the previous day, finding out I was quirkless, giving the speech to the doctor and my mom, my mom being so happy with me, and getting me ready to start training. I remembered it all, in that moment. I felt hotter and hotter and I could feel and sense everything from miles around. I could feel my unkempt hair rising and most of all.... My body was moving on it's own.

"No...."

He suddenly stopped.

"I.... don't care anymore!" I continued. "Whether you like it or not! I'm gonna be the greatest hero ever!!!"

I rushed at blinding speeds that I couldn't keep up with, mostly because I wasn't the one moving. It was my body, like it had a mind of its own. I punched Kacchan so hard in the gut that he was instantly knocked out. All you could see, was a blue purple and white combination of heat shaping around my body's like an aura, yet it was all heat. My eyes were.... silver? And my hair was standing up, waving in the aura. And then... everything went black.