A New Symbol

"..."

"...."

"....."

"......what?" Deku finally asked to break the silence.

The entire room had just been staring at him- blinking in confusion.

Deku had told Slade to warn the heroes of their declaration of war, but he did not know it would be on the entire world. He thought it would just be heroes and villains in Japan only. Thus creating the confusion within the room.

"Care to elaborate?" Slade replied with rolled eyes—his voice dripping with sarcasm and mock contempt.

"What's there to explain?" Deku responded with furrowed brows, a little annoyed. "We're declaring war on the world."

Slade once again rolled his eyes and pulled his chair closer to the table: "I don't know if you know this but, the world is really big. You can't just go out one day and say: 'Hey world! Let's go to war!'"

"And I don't know if you know this but," Deku began as he narrowed his eyes at Slade and flared his power to make sure everyone paid attention. Slade immediately dropped his smartass act and focused in. "You're speaking to me as if we're equals. Make no mistake: you are below me. You are my subordinate and it's high time you start acting like it. Not only that, but you're the lowest ranking out of this entire room, so fix your tone before I fix it for you."

Slade put his hands in his lap and looked down, trying not to incur Deku's wrath anymore.

"The nerve," Deku began once again with a scoff. "The only one out of you all that has the right to even think they're on equal speaking terms with me is Amanda."

"But," King interjected. "I'm the highest ranking in here."

"In power, maybe," Agnus started, as he crossed his arms and closed his eyes. "But in the war zone that is your relationship, I'd say you're losing—badly."

Amanda happily nodded as her hand was on Walter's knee in a death grip. Walter was, ironically, the most fearful in the room and quickly shut his mouth as he sheepishly chuckled with an undertone of pain.

"Anyways," Lior introduced himself to the conversation. "Slade is right, you should elaborate further on your plans, Deku. A god such as myself has no need to beat around the bush."

Deku glared at Lior for placing himself above Deku by calling himself a god. Lior got the message and put his hands up in surrender, but did not retract the statement. Deku figured it too much for Lior's character to do such a thing, so he took the hands of surrender as sufficient.

"We are going to declare war on all heroes." Deku explained finally in the now tense room.

"Why don't we call it 'War on the Heroes' then?" Amanda inquired.

"Because the League of Villains already has copyright claims to that," Deku chuckled. "Besides, our convictions will not be as childish as the League's. We aren't just declaring war on the heroes, but the villains, vigilantes—anyone who misues their quirk in the name of the society that stands today."

"We will go to war, and I will cleanse the world of all the filth that infests it."

The incredibly powerful people in the room felt like pebbles atop their leader's mountain. His convictions were aimed so much higher than any of them could imagine, and it was obvious.

"No one will stand in my way, and therefore ours." Deku concluded with a tone of 100% seriousness.

Everyone understood the message, and Deku's purpose was laid out.