Call Me Deku

Josh POV

As I was on my way back to the waiting room, a voice  in front of me called out and stopped my train of thought.

"Congratulations on your victory, Mr. Josh." A lady said to me as she bowed in respect and courtesy.

I looked at her slightly confused, until I realized that she was only calling me by the alias I had given before. I nodded in acknowledgment and thanked her as I began walking past her.

I need to hurry up with my plan. This whole "alias" thing doesn't work for me. I am Deku. And everyone should know that.

As I was contemplating on this, I walked into the waiting room and all eyes immediately shifted towards me. I looked up a little and analyzed all the gazes that were tracing my every movement.

There was a mixture of emotions within these gazes. Most were filled with similar emotions: fear, apprehension, and confusion.

Of course there were some who looked on with disregard and disrespect, but those gazes would be corrected soon enough.

"I know I'm handsome, but it's rude to stare." I brag while chuckling a little.

Most of the prisoners glared at me for my blatant disregard of their attention. However, as this is a unisex prison just as much as there were glares, there were also plenty of blushes from the opposite sex.

"Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy~." One of the female prsioners exaggerated.

Though it's certainly not a secret as to who that was.

"As confident as ever, I see," A man called out as he walked to the front of the crowd. "Just make sure that confidence doesn't turn into arrogance."

The man fully revealed himself to be the dark mannered Slade. He had appeared and looked at me with an air of confidence of his own.

"Please," I began as I rolled my eyes. "If all the joy in my life were sucked up little by little every time I got called arrogant, I'd be as emo as you."

His eye twitches a little in annoyance at my remark, but he quickly covered it.

"My darkness represents the power within me, and make no mistake that power is immense." He warned as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Ooooohh, feisty!" I sarcastically joked as I laughed a little and he growled in annoyance. "I always do love to get on someone's nerves. It's a common lesson never to push random buttons because you don't know what will happen, but I find it's always those buttons that give the best reaction." I replied as I smiled at the thought.

"Keep pushing my buttons and you'll get a reaction all right." Slade threatened.

"Well at least you're owning up to the fact that you're nothing more than my plaything. Simple entertainment to pass the time." I replied as I smirked at him and gave him a look of condescension.

He glared at me in anger, but he then began to close his eyes and relax his nerves.

"WILL THE CONTESTANTS FOR THE SECOND BRACKET COME OUT NOW!!"

After hearing the announcement, Slade turned back and looked at me once more with narrowed eyes. He walked towards me slowly and with anticipation until he was right in front of me. We locked eyes for a split second, and then he continued walking by me as if nothing happened.

"Well then, I guess we'll see."

With that, he was well on his way toward the arena and the other contestants followed with him.