Half and Half

Deku walked slowly towards the frightened and intimidated class as he began to show his face from under his bangs. They saw the amusement he held within those silver eyes of his as he grinned menacingly at the class.

"Surely you guys aren't scared? Are you?" He asked in a childish voice as he tilted his head and gave a closed-eyed smile.

They didn't answer as they were trying to pump themselves up; trying everything they can to make it seem like they were not scared.

At least, that was the case for most of the class.

There were 3, however, that remained undeterred in their ambition to defeat Deku.

"No way, nerd. There's no way I'll be scared away like some little girl! I'll blast you to the stars!!" Bakugo shouted with a devilish grin and explosions lighting from his hands.

"I see your as stupid- I mean confident as ever. Honest mistake." Deku mockingly stated with a shake of his head.

"Laugh it up! It's all fun and games until I blast your head off!!" Bakugo once again yelled.

"I've never been afraid of you, Midoriya. Your power is admirable and I will strive to surpass it; unlike others I don't care how strong you are. Knowing and facing off against your kind of strength will push me to greater heights." Todoroki told the boy as he started emitting a chill from his right side.

"Oh really~" Deku chuckled. "Seems you haven't learned your lesson from the Sports Festival. I do hope you've gotten stronger; with my warmups finished I'm craving for a real battle." Deku said with his arms crossed and smirk placed comfortably on his face as he looked dead at Todoroki.

"I could never be scared of you Deku. Not just because I love you, but because I believe in my own strength. One way or another, it'll be me winning this. Don't be too sad when you lose, second place is real comfy. You'll get used to it, I assure you." Ochako said as she eyed Deku with a smug smirk and spoke with a "sagely" tone.

"Oh Ochako," Deku began as he shifted his focus on to the girl. "I'm so happy you feel that way. I'd be disappointed if you were so easily intimidated by that tiny display of my power. However, you should know this, and remember it well. The way you are now, you could never defeat me. Ever. You can try, but if you did then you would lose the moment you stepped to face me. I'd shut you down in an instant."

"Oh is that a fact?" Ochako asked; that smug look never leaving her face. "Here's a warning, my sweet little boyfriend~. I will defeat you no matter what. I'm a lot stronger than I was when you last saw me fight and I've been training with you for a long while; watching your every move as I tried to learn. I know everything about you. You know that as well as I do, which is precisely why you were going to save me for last. So you can get a real challenge at the end of all of this."

In the blink of an eye, Ochako was immediately on guard as her arm was by her head; her left forearm blocking the kick launched at her head.

3 seconds.

It took 3 seconds for the air itself to catch up as the wind finally picked up and nearly blew buildings away from the sheer force. Having been expecting something like this sooner or later, the class had already braced themselves and managed to stay on the ground. Deku and Ochako remained in the same positions; unaffected by the sudden pickup in wind. Deku lowered his leg and looked to see Ochako staring directly into Deku's eyes.

Deku turned around with a satisfied smile.

"Well at the very least, you're definitely more than a warmup."

Walking away, Deku eyes the rest of the class; searching for his next target. Spotting the female, he immediately rushed to her and stopped directly in her face.