CHAPTER 5

Louis

"Paige. Paige Millard" She smiled at me and offered me her hand.

I get her hand and kissed the back of it. "What a lovely name it is. Paige."

She just smiled at me and didn't say a thing. I wonder what's going on inside her pretty mind.

"Do you want to go the balcony for a while?" I asked her, and she nodded at me. I held her hand but she slowly pulled away from me.

When we were already out, she suddenly faced me with irritation all over her face and asked, "What do you want from me?"

"What? Nothing. You just caught my attention in the shop, and I found you amusing." What the heck is wrong with her? What's with all the sudden mood change? She suddenly became scary!

"Do I look like a clown to you?" She asked again and she had this weird look on her face, as if she's very insulted by my answer.

I looked at her questioning "What the??? I did not say such thing! Stop putting words in my mouth."

She shook her head and smirked, "Don't fool me, mr. Tomlinson" Then she pulled me on my collar and now we're just inches away.

I move closer to her so I could smell her. She smells like rose. I love it. "I won't miss Millard" I winked at her "So you want to grab some dinner or something?"

I saw her smiled and answered me "If we meet again, I might go with you. MIGHT" She said emphasizing the word might. The she kissed my cheek and went inside the ballroom.

I was caught off guard. I stayed there for quite some time and when I decided to go back to the ball room, she's no where to be seen.

Max

I got out of the ballroom and headed to our hotel as soon as possible.  This is so wrong. I shouldn't have let him talk to me like that. It's against the rule.

I am so lost in my thoughts when my phone rang.

"Paige. Meet me at the address I'm gonna send to you. We need to talk. ASAP" Miranda said and she hung up. Yep, guess she found out already. She's THAT fast.

I fixed myself and went to her. I'm actually nervous right now. I know she'll certainly kill me.

I sat down casually and took a deep breath. I smiled at her and said, "What's up?"

"You know what I told you even before. You may not..."

"You may not make contact unless you say so. I know, Miranda. It's just that he never stopped bugging me" I defended myself. Well, it's true!

"I understand." She held my hand and continued talking "Now I have an undercover mission for you. Since the boys know you already, you can have interaction with them. Just please limit it, especially on that Louis guy. Befriend them. Gain their trust. Even though they are the victims, they are also considered as the suspects, okay?"

I nodded.I don't know why, but I felt happy knowing that I could spend time with Louis. He's one heck of a guy. He's challenging and never take no for an answer.

"Are you okay?" Miranda asked. Woah, am I lost in my own thoughts about mr. Tomlinson?

"Uh. Yes. Sure. I'm great. I better be going."

"Okay then. I'll just inform Simon about the changes. Good luck."

I smiled at Miranda and headed to the hotel. I guess I really need to think how I should get to know the boys even more. But then, instead of thinking about them, I only think about a certain someone.