CHAPTER 2

Louis

I opened my eyes and saw a very bright light. Am I dead? I tried to move a little and I felt something weird somewhere in my tummy. It kinda hurts and but bearable, but it's very uncomfortable.

"Careful now, lad" Now I'm hearing voices. Are they my ancestors? Am I with them already?

I closed my eyes and counted to ten to compose myself, and when I opened it again, everything is much clearer. I roamed my eyes around the room and saw my boys, but Zayn and Harry are nowhere to be found.

"Where am I? Where are Zayn and Harry?" I asked Niall and Liam who are sitting beside me, looking worried.

Liam gave me a glass of water and said "They are in the other room. Zayn was shot as well, but he's already stable"

"Shot? What happened?" Now I am confused. I can't remember anything. All I know is we were in the concert, that's all.

Niall shook his head and talked "During the concert, the two of you were shot."

"By whom???"

"We still don't know yet, lad. But investigators are on it. You should rest." He answered and pulled my sheets up to my body because I'm still having a hard time to move.

I am really confused, why would someone shoot us? Am I really that annoying and loud that the only thing left to do is to try to kill me? Shiiiiz!

I was about to close my eyes but then I remember our fans! "Are the fans okay? Were they hurt?"

"No one got hurt. Well, aside from you and Zayn" Liam assured me.

"Go get some rest now, lad. We'll be staying in LA for quite sometime, until they made sure that we are safe to fly back in London" Niall tapped my shoulder and they sat on the couch in the corner of the room.

I am nodding lightly but still can't think of a reason why there are people who are trying to kill us. Did I do anything wrong???

Max

We are now waiting in the garden for the security to let us inside the vacation house of One Direction. This house is huge! This should be called as mansion!

It's been two weeks since the shooting incident happened when Miranda ordered us to talk to Simon personally. For the past days, we've been doing our own investigation regarding what happened. We went to the arena where the concert was held and checked their surveillance cameras. But we got nothing. The people behind this know what they are doing.

We were talking with mr. Cowell through phone only, until today.

"What's taking them too long?" Clay said while brushing off her blonde hair using her fingers.

I smiled then slapped Clay's legs and she winced in pain. We all chuckled but Gaven, shushed us. Shiiiiiz. Kill joy.

We continued our chuckling, and Gaven just smiled and shook her head. Clay slapped me back and we are trying hard not to make too much noise.

We saw a man walking through the door towards us and said, "You must be the girls who are assigned to look after my boys. It's funny how you such young girls can protect them, but your organisation is very well-known, so I'll entrust you with their life" He smiled.