CHAPTER 31

Louis

"Hey, love." I looked at Max's body laying on the bed. She looks beautiful. "I'm back. I missed you."

Seeing her body on the bed makes me weak. I can't believe that she's just there, Max is still there. Her body is just there. I felt tears on my eyes again, but I hurriedly wipe it off because I know it would kill her seeing me like this.

Her friends and Miranda kept on telling me to just be strong. I know that they know how much Max wants me to be strong. Well, she was strong as well. She was a fighter.

Until the end, she fought for us even if it risked her life.

It's been three months since the incident happened. The doctor told me that Max was shot at the back, her spinal cord was almost damage and the baby almost got hit.

The day the blood transfusion happened, Max got better but then her vitals gone bad. Her oxygen and blood pressure became too low.

The line flatten and they had to revive her multiple times.

But I am grateful that she fought.

That she fought for her life.

But until now, Max is still unconscious. The good thing is that she's stable. My fighter.

There is no specific time when she will be awake, it may take days, week, months, or even years. They told me to just pray for it to be sooner. I thank God that He saved the life of Max and our baby. This is indeed a miracle from Him.

I went every day at the hospital to visit Max, I read a book to her, sing her a song, tell her stories. Even my lads and the girls are doing the same.

I can also see her baby bump and it really makes me excited about our baby. Even if she's in a coma, the baby is healthy. The doctors and Derek are making sure that the baby is receiving the exact amount of nutrients she or he needs.

"So, baby's growing huh? And you look so much better than yesterday. You always grow more and more beautiful, my love." I can feel lump in my throat again. "I want to hear your voice again." I said. I put my head on her bed while holding her hands. I'm crying again. I do it every time I am here. If only I can shake her until she wakes up.

I don't know how long I've been burying my head beside her when suddenly, I felt her finger move. I looked at her hands and actually saw it!!!

I pressed the emergency button so that nurses can come in.

"Her finger just moved!" I told them as soon as they got in. They gave me a smile and checked on her.

"Max, move a finger if you can here me." One nurse said and then Max moved her index finger slowly. The nurse faced me and said, "She's responding. Give it a day or two, and she'll be awake."

"Okay, Max, have some rest now, okay? You're doing great. You'll be fine." The other nurse said and Max raised her finger once again.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I told them out of happiness. I can't believe that Max is about to wake up!

"No worries, mr. Tomlinson. Let her rest some more, and you should also rest as well." He said and the two of them left the room.

I went to Max and held her hand. It's warmer than before. I can feel that she's more alive now. "I can't wait to hear you voice, Max." I whispered in her ear. "Have some rest. I love you and I miss you."