56

~Trevae POV

"Why are the fucking cops at my door?" I said through gritted teeth looking at Jet. "I don't know." He said. "OPEN THE DOOR OR WE'RE COMING IN!" The cops yelled from outside. I approached the door opening it. "Can I help you?"

"Turn around."

"What? Why?"

"Either turn around or we'll have to do it ourselves."

"What's going on here?" Jet asked coming around the corner. I turned around.

"Trevae Brown. You're under arrest for the murder of Andrew Dickerson."

"Wait what? What are you talking about?" I said. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can not afford a lawyer one will be appointed to you. Do you understand the rights that have just been read to you?"

"Yes. But I didn't do anything."

"Sure you didn't." They put me in handcuffs and walked me out the car. I looked through the window seeing Jet standing in the doorway.

Did this nigga set me up?

**

We pulled up to the police station and they walked me inside. "Take her to the back." He pushed me towards another officer. "Don't I get like a phone call or something?" I asked as we walked into an interrogation room.

"You'll get a phone call when it's time. Take a seat." He said closing the door. "I didn't kill anybody." I said.

"Really? Because we have reason to believe that you did."

"You have reason? So that means you have no real evidence and you can't keep me here forever." I said. "But we can hold you for forty eight hours. And we're going to bring you down."

"I'm a minor you cant question me without my guardian here." I said. He walked out and came back in with a phone. "You've got two minutes."

I waited for him to walk back out before dialing.

"Yo." He said answering the phone.

"Rondo. It's me, Trevae. I got arrested."

"You what? Arrested for what?"

"They saying I killed Andrew." I said.

"Why'd you call me and not Ace?"

"I don't want him knowing. Is there anything you can do?" I asked.

"Alright Trevae I'll call somebody to fly me out there. It should take about two hours." He said.

"Okay. Thank you."

"No problem. And listen to me, don't you say a fucking word." He hung up the phone.

~Third Person POV

"Alright Trevae, I'm Detective Malcolm." A guy said walking in. "I've been in here for an hour." Trevae sighed picking her head up from the table. "Sorry for that. I was just trying to gather everything on the case."

Trevae didn't say anything.

"Just going to fill you in a bit. We both know Andrew died in the Bahamas while you and your friends were there. Before they could even get an arrest, you and your friends left and came back to Chicago. Now there are witness and security footage showing that you and the victim weren't on the best of terms. Correct?"

Trevae still kept quiet.

"Okay. You have every right to not speak." The detective said closing the file. "How about this. It's almost midnight, I'm ready to go home just as much as you. So let's cut a deal." He said making Trevae raise a brow. "Khalil Harris. You know him of course. If I'm not mistaken you had been staying with him." He said.