38

~Ace POV

"You can't take her to a hospital." I said to Rondo on the phone.

"Look Ace from what I heard it's not looking to good. She needs a hospital, not some lowkey ass doctor." He said.

"Fuck. Alright I'm on my way." I hung up the phone.

"Come on we got to go to the hospital." I said to Andrew. "What's going on?" he asked. "Trevae got shot." We ran out to my car and both got inside driving off.

**

We pulled up to the hospital and walked inside. Rondo, Kel and Messiah was here. "What's he doing here?" I asked looking at Messiah. "He was with Trevae when it happened." Kel said. "What's been said?"

"All we know is that she's in surgery." Rondo said.

I took a seat waiting for the doctor to come out.

"Can I ask you a question?" Andrew said sitting next to me making me side eye him. "What's your beef with hospitals?" He asked. "What?"

"I overheard you. You didn't want Trevae to come to a hospital. Why not?" He asked. "Hospitals are like a death sentence. Every time somebody I love comes to a hospital they die. Both of my grandparents. Three of my friends. Two of my cousins and the icing on the cake, my brother. Ever since then I stopped coming to hospitals." I said. "Well Trevae is strong you know. She won't die." He said. "Thanks Dr. Phil." I said patting his back.

An hour passed and the doctor approached us. "She was shot twice. One of the bullets went clean through her shoulder but the other one we had to take out. We lost her for a second but she's a trooper and she pulled through." The doctor said. "Oh thank God." Messiah said holding his chest. "You can see her now." She said. We followed her back to the room. "Could yall give me a minute to talk her." I said looking back at everybody. "Yeah go head."

I walked inside the room. "Wassup." I said sitting in the chair next to the bed. "Wasn't expecting to see you here." She said looking up at me. "You got shot. You didn't think I would come see you?" I asked. "Last time we talked I thought you stopped giving a fuck about me."

"I'm still pissed off at you about what you did. Will I ever forgive you? I don't know right now. But the things I said to you was uncalled for and I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you even though you killed her." I said clenching my jaw. "Khalil I'm s-" I cut her off. "Let me finish."

"I had some people talk some sense into me and it gave me time to think. You thought you were doing the right thing. You thought you found the person that tried to kill me. It's a good thing to know that you were looking out for me like that. Do I wish you would have come to me about it? Yes, maybe Jayda would still be here. I'll get over it eventually." I said. "That's all I was trying to do Khalil was get back at the person who shot you. I was wrong."

"She's gone now. And so is Kendrick. Which is also the two people who had something to do with the pictures you found. I had everybody fill me in while you were in surgery. With them dead we have no clues on to who the fuck is watching us." I said. "So what do we do?" She asked. "You are going to sit in this hospital and get better. Everybody else and I will look into it. I'll have some people here to watch you and make sure nobody comes in this hospital trying to fuck with you." He said.

"Thank you for forgiving me." She said. "I never said all that. Just know I'm here for you." I got up and walked out.

**Three Days Later**

~Trevae POV

I was finally getting released from the hospital. "I thought Andrew was picking me up?" I said seeing Khalil walk in the room. "He's at the warehouse with Rondo and Kel right now." He said. "So what do I do?" I ask. "I'll take you back to Andrew's place for now. You got a key?" He asked making me nod. "I signed everything. We can go now." He walked out the room and I followed behind him.

"Why can't I go back home with you?" I asked him as we pulled off. "No." He said quickly. "I thought we were somewhat okay. I just want to go home Khalil."

"You're not coming home with me. End of discussion."

"I want to know why. Tell me what I have to do to be able to come home." I said. "Nothing. I don't want you back in my house Trevae so stop fucking asking. You got a home with Andrew now so be fucking grateful." He scoffed.

~Rondo POV

"We got to be looking at a group of people." I sighed looking through all the pictures Andrew found. "What makes you say that?" Kel asked. "Look at these pictures dude. Most of these were taken on the same day damn near the same time. No way there is only one nigga doing this."

"What makes you so sure its a guy?" Andrew asked. "You think its a bitch doing all this?" Kel asked raising a brow. "These pictures are too perfect for a guy to be doing. We don't pay attention to little shit like this. Females on the other hand, they love this shit."

"He's got a point. We can't cancel out anybody." I said. "Why haven't we questioned ole dude who was with Trevae that day? He might have seen something."

"Call Trevae. Tell her to give him the address and meet us here."

**

After about thirty minutes, he pulled up. "This place is huge." He said walking in. "Come in. Take a seat." He walked in seeing Andrew and Kel staring him down. "Could they look, less intimidating." He said looking making me laugh a little. "What's your name again kid?" I asked him.

"Messiah."

"Alright, Messiah. We got a few questions for you." Andrew said stepping in. "Questions? About what?"

"That night with you and Trevae. What happened?" Kel asked. "She was shot. You don't remember?" He said sounding confused. "No, no, no." I said sitting across from him. "What did you see before the shooting. Any cars, any people, anything that was out of place or just weird?" I asked.

"Well I pulled over next to a parking lot but thats all I remember." He said. "You didn't see nobody?" Andrew asked. "Uh this dude actually. He walked pass the car maybe two or three times but I just assumed he was lost or some shit. It was a confusing area." He said. "What he looked like?" Kel asked.

"He was fat, I think. Or maybe buff. Either way he was big. He had on a hoodie though with his head down so I couldn't see his face."

"So we know it's a guy then." I said. "The question is who is he and how many more are there."

~Ace POV

I walked inside the house seeing them still on the couch. "I thought I said bring me the fucking girl?" One of the guys said getting up. "I fucking told you I'm not bringing her to you. You gone have to kill me before I let you lay a finger on her." I scoffed walking past him.

"I have a room of niggas with guns ready to shoot you. You sure you want to make this decision?" Another guy asked. "I don't give a fuck. You want to kill me then fucking kill me."

"You're not the one I want." He said. "I don't give a fuck about what you want. You want somebody then kill me."

You willing to give yo life up to a girl that did you dirty. She ain't even blood." He said laughing a little.

"Blood or no blood she family. And I'll die bout mine."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2💋