17

~Rondo POV

I pulled up to Elijah's house. There was a car in the driveway telling me somebody was home. I got out to go ring the doorbell. A few seconds later, a woman opened the door. I'm assuming this was Elijah's mother. "Yes?" She said. "Are you Ms. Greene?" I asked her. "Yes. Do I know you?"

"You don't know me but I know your son. He's in serious danger right now and I was told that only you could save him." I said. "Wait what? What do you mean he's in danger? What's going on?"

"Ma'am I need you to come with me please." I said. "How am I supposed to believe you? I don't even know who you are?" She asked. "Because if you don't you're son's gonna die." I said lifting up my shirt to show my gun. "Now please ma'am. Your son is in danger and if you want him to leave you'll come with me."

"Uhh babe, I'll be back!" She yelled into the house. I let her walk in front of me putting the gun to her back. I opened the passenger door letting her in. I got inside the car driving off. "Try something and you and your entire family are dead."

~Trevae POV

I heard the door open. It must have been Khalil coming back with Jayda. I walked out my room to see. It was. "I'm so glad you're okay." Jayda said hugging me.

"How was your night in Rockford?" I asked. "Would've been better if I knew you were safe. I feel bad because I was the one that suggested we drive to Rockford." Jayda said. "Don't feel bad. Everything is okay." I said. "I'm glad. I'll see you two later I have to go handle some things." She walked off. "I did some more target practice today. I think I'm getting good at this." I said. "Is that so?"

"Yeah. Think I might be able to upgrade to Tina." I said. "Highly doubt that. I'm going to the warehouse so I'll see you later." He was about to walk away. "Is Elijah dead?" I asked stopping him. "Not yet. You don't have to worry about him." He said. "I know. I just feel like what happened is my fault." I said. "Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe if I didn't become friends with him this would've been easier and nobody would have gotten hurt." I said. "If what happened is anybody's fault, it's mine. I was in the wrong for not telling you when I should have. You did nothing wrong. And if something does happen to him, don't go around blaming yo self." He said. I didn't say anything. "I'll be back in an hour or two. When I get back we can go do something. Get your mind off of this." I nodded and he walked out the house.

**

~Ace POV

"Who's the lady?" I said walking in Rondo's office. There was a woman in the chair with a gash on her forehead. "His mother." He said. "Why'd you bring her here?' I asked him. "I need him to talk one way or another. It's just a matter of time before another one of his goons come and take somebody else." He said. "Is he talking?" I asked. "Nope. He keep falling in and out of consciousness."

I walked out to the side of the warehouse. I grabbed a bucket and used the hose on the side to fill it up with cold water. I walked back in. "Watch out." I said. Rondo moved out the way. I threw the water on him making him wake up. "You up now?" I said standing on the side of him. "What the fuck bro." Elijah said shivering from the cold water. I walked over to his mom. I took the tape off her mouth. "DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH MY SON!" She yelled.

"I'd advise you to shut the fuck up." I scoffed. I grabbed her hair pulling her head back putting my gun under her chin. "Now Elijah. I'd hate to have to kill your mother right in front of you. And I honestly should kill you for putting your hands on Trevae and getting my homeboy shot." I scoffed. "Okay fine. Just move the gun from my mom." He pleaded. "Tell me who you work for and I'll consider it."

"T-There's this abandoned building right outside of Cedarburg. You can't miss it. That's where we meet at." He said. I pointing my gun shooting his foot. "WHAT THE FUCK!" He yelled. "That's not what I asked you. I need a name." I said. "I gave you something. Doesn't that count."

I cocked the gun back putting it back on his mother. "You got five seconds. Who the fuck do you work for!" I yelled.

"Five."

"Four."

"Three."

"ELIJAH GIVE HIME WHAT HE WANTS!" His mother yelled out crying. "You should listen to your mom."

"Mike." He said. "Mike? As in Mike Bell?" I asked making him nod. "You know him?" Rondo asked. "Do I know him? I used to work for him." I sighed. "Wait. Before you came over here you used to work for Jayda's father." Rondo said. "Exactly. Mike is Jayda's father."

~Trevae POV

I was here by myself bored out of my mind. The doorbell rung. I walked up to the door looking out the window. It was Kendrick. "Wassup." He said when I opened the door. "Uh nothing. Khalil aint here right now. He's at the warehouse." I said. "Good. Cause I'm not here for him." He said. "You here for Jayda? She's gone t-" He cut me off. "I'm here for you." He said. "Why?"

"Have you eaten today?" He asked me. "Not yet." I said. "Put your shoes on. I got some things I want to talk to you about." He said. "I'm assuming Khalil doesn't know about this?" I scoffed. "I don't report to him. I'll wait out in the car." He walked off. I didn't know if I should go with him. It's not like he's a threat to me or anything. Plus he's offering me food.

I grabbed my phone and shoes and walked out to his car.

**

We pulled up to Chili's and walked inside. "Table for two please." Kendrick said to the lady at the front. She grabbed two menus and walked us to a booth. "So what exactly do you want from me?" I asked him. "You seem like a pretty smart kid." He said. "Uh thanks I guess." I said. "You got a job?" He asked me. "No."

"Would you like one?" He asked. "I mean who wouldn't." I shrugged. "I got a job for you. If you can handle it I want to offer you a permanent spot to work for me." He said. "What kind of job?"

"I got a drop that needs to be handled tonight."

"A drop? As in a drug deal?" I asked making him nod. "I'm not sure I can do something like that." I said. "As you know, my top three workers are busy handling things with Elijah. This drop is very important and its with my top buyers. I don't trust any of my other workers to handle this." He said. "And you trust me to do it. I don't even have experience with things like that." I said.

"You don't need experiences. You just need to be smart. Plus, you'll get ten grand." He said. "Ten grand! That's a lot of fucking money." I said. "And you can have it all to yourself. Just say yes."

"I don't think Khalil would want me messing around with that." I said. "Khalil ain't your father. And as far as I'm concerned he ain't got to know. He's gonna be busy for the rest of the day with that Elijah situation and probably won't be home until the middle of the night. The drop is at ten and I could have you back home before midnight." He said.

"I'll do it."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2💋