8

~Ace POV

I was at our warehouse with Darrell, Kendrick and Rondo. We had just finished up some other business and everyone was getting ready to head out. "Darrell let me talk to you outside." I said getting up and walking out. A few seconds later he came out. "You stealing from us?" I asked him. "You serious nigga. Stealing from us would be like stealing from myself." He laughed. "And it would also be like stealing from me, and you know I don't play about my money. So are you stealing from me?" I asked raising a brow. "Hell nah man." He chuckled. "You know me man I wouldn't do you like that." He said.

"You right man. I don't even know why I asked." I laughed a little. "You good bro. Aye just take it out our check." He laughed walking off. "Lying ass nigga." I mumbled. I got into my car making my way back home. It was the weekend and I had no real plans.

**

I walked in the house going back to Trevae's room. I knocked on the door before walking in. "I didn't even get time to say come in." She said. "You were right." I said sitting on the edge of the bed. "About what?" She asked. "About Darrell. But how did you know that?"

"I told you. He was playing the blame game. Anybody with common sense could have figured that out." She shrugged. "Plus, I can point out an opp when I see one." She laughed. "Whatever kid." I said shaking my head. "Get dressed."

"For what?" She asked. "Your closet is empty as hell and you still got your stuff sitting in a duffle bag. This room is plain as fuck, you need a touch of yourself in here." I said. She looked confused. "I'm taking you shopping."

"Oh. Okay give me like twenty minutes." She said. I walked out the room going upstairs to mine. "I'm taking Trevae shopping. You coming?" I asked Jayda. "I wish I could but they called me into the center today." She sighed. "Damn. What time you got to be there?" I asked. "In about an hour. I'm gonna get in the shower." She said. I went into the closet to find a shirt to put on. I grabbed a black polo and my forces. I grabbed my Cuban link chain and went back downstairs.

"I'm ready." Trevae said coming out the room. "Let's ride."

~Trevae POV

"I don't ever think I asked you how old you are." Khalil said. "I'm sixteen. I turn seventeen in April." I said. "April what?" He asked. "April 30." I said. "That's crazy. We got the same birthday." He said. "Nice." I didn't know what to say. "Why you so damn quiet?" He scoffed. "I don't have anything to say." I shrugged. "You should talk more. Make yo presence known when you're around." He said. "Noted."

"If you're sixteen that means you're a sophomore right?"

"Yep. Two more years and then I'm out of here. Live a new life and never show my face in Chicago again." I said looking out the window. "What's wrong with Chicago?" He asked. "There's nothing wrong with Chicago. It's the people in Chicago."

"So there's something wrong with me?" He asked raising a brow. "I mean, you are a murderer." I said. "Trust me. When it comes to money, you'd do it too."

"I'd never partake in the business that you do. That's like putting my life on the line every time I walk out the door. You probably got hella targets on your back right now." I said. "I'm black, I'll always have a target on my back." He shrugged. "You've got a point."

"So if you don't want to work in the streets, what do you want to do?" He asked me. "A Psychologist." I said. "Well stay in school kid. I sure as hell wish I did." He sighed. "Why didn't you?" I asked. "When I was your age my older brother got killed at a gas station. I was in the front seat and seen it all. After he died I was a hot head. I stopped paying attention in school and started paying attention to the streets. At like seventeen, I got expelled from school. I was in and out of trouble everyday. Gangs and everything. When it was time for me to go back, I didn't want to. I stayed in the streets and started selling drugs." He said.