46

~Trevae POV

It's been two days since we got back from Milwaukee. "I told you I don't need you staying here with me." He said. "I know what you said but I don't care." I shrugged. "This isn't your problem Trevae." He sighed. "Except it is. When we first met you told me that being associated with you automatically brought problems. I'm still here with you and your problems are now my problems. We're in this together whether you like it or not." I shrugged. "I'll be back." He said getting up. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"To fix my problem."

"No you're not. You aren't even fully healed yet." I said. "Yes I am." He said. "Khalil ever since we've been back you been in pain. You keep getting headaches and stopping in the middle of doing stuff because your chest or side hurts. You think I haven't noticed?"

"You're not my doctor. And I'm leaving, you stay here." He said. "I'm not taking orders from somebody who is scared of dogs. I already called Rondo to pick me up. I'll see you later." I walked out heading to meet with Rondo.

"Wassup." He said once I got in the car. "Hey."

"Let me guess. He tried to come with you?" He asked pulling off. "Of course you know he did. I told him to stay there and if he leaves I got security outside the hotel." I said. "Good. Cause we got a lot of shit to handle today. And its just me and you." He said. "Where's Kel and Andrew?" I asked. "Kel went back to Wisconsin with Kayla. She knows some people who knows some people."

"And Andrew?" I asked. "He said he had some family business to take care of."

"So what are we doing?" I asked. "The couple Kayla was talking about, we got eyes on them. We'll follow them around for the day and make a move when it's a good time."

**

We pulled into a neighborhood. "This they house?" I asked as we stopped in front of one. "Yep. And we got movement." He said pointing. I looked up seeing an older woman yelling. "She look too old to be in some gang beef." I said. "A cough away from death." He scoffed making me laugh a little. "There goes the guy." He said.

"He looks familiar as hell." I said trying to make out his face. "Family member?" He asked. "I don't know any of my family." I said. "Why is that?" He asked. "Why is what?"

"Why haven't you met any of your family?"

"When I was young my mom got locked up and my dad went MIA. I was left with my sister who started doing drugs. I never had a good figure in my life and they were the only ones I knew." I shrugged. "Sorry to hear that."

"No need. I found a new family." I said making him smile a little. "Look they're coming out." I said pointing at the door. Once they got in and drove off, we followed them. "What do these old people have beef with Khalil for?" I asked. "Kayla said they were working with Kendrick."

"How did Kayla find that out?" I asked raising a brow. "I know what you're thinking. Kayla ain't no snake." He said. "If it's one thing that I've learned, anybody can turn out to be a snake."

"I know. But like I said, Kayla ain't no snake. Get your gun, we're going to follow them inside."

~Ace POV

"What took you so long?" I asked letting Andrew inside. "I'm here now. That's all that matters. What's so important that we couldn't talk in front of everybody?" He asked sitting down. "Because right now everybody is treating me like some fragile box and I don't like that. I need to know what's going on so I can get out there." I said. "We're handling it." He simply said. "So you're really not going to tell me?" I asked. "No."

"Fine. Then I'll just tell your girlfriend that you kissed Trevae." I said making his eyes widen. "How do you know about that?" He asked. "Come on now, Trevae tells me everything. Now tell me." I said. "Petty ass shit." He scoffed. "Kayla and Kel went back to Wisconsin to talk to some people. Rondo and Trevae are out following the couple who are looking for you."

"That's it? That's all you got?" I asked raising a brow. "I may or may not have an address." He said. "Give it to me." I said. "Trevae told every single one of us not to let you do anything." He said. "I'm a grown ass man and Trevae is not my mother. Give me the address."

"There's a motel on Archer Avenue. That's one of the hottest spots the couple goes to when handling business. Not sure if you going to catch any action but it's worth a shot." He said. "Now was that so hard?" I asked with a smile. "Trevae been real trigger happy lately. If she decides to kill me because of this, it's your fault." He said. "That supposed to make me feel bad?" I asked sarcastically. "Before you think about heading to the motel, you should think about how you gone get pass the security they got outside for you."

"Security?" I asked raising a brow. "Told you. Trevae don't want you out here." He shrugged. "Well that's too damn bad." I grabbed my gun out the drawer and a black hoodie. Once I made it downstairs, the guy who I'm assuming was my security stood up.

"Woah, woah, woah. Where you going Ace?" He asked. "Come on man. I just want to go out and smoke." I sighed. "Ight lets go." He said trying to go with me. "I can't just have a few minutes to myself." I asked. "Nope. Not going for it."

"Fine then. I need you to drive me somewhere."

~Trevae POV

"I'll go around the back you go around the front." I said to Rondo making him nod. I got out the car and went to the back. I looked through the window but I didn't see anyone. I walked inside with my gun aimed to anybody who would come out. I checked through the rooms and seen no one. I heard footsteps creaking above me.

I went up the stairs and seen someone walk into a room. I quietly followed behind them and walked into the room. "Turn around slowly or I will shoot you." I said aiming my gun to the person's head. "Calm down trigger happy. It's me." Rondo said making me lower my gun. "You should have been said that or I would have pulled the trigger." I scoffed.

"Nobody's here." He said. "That doesn't make any sense they were just h-" I stopped talking when I heard a car screech off. "They knew we were coming." Rondo said running out. I followed him out and we got in the car following them.

"How did they know we were going to be here?" I asked. "I don't know. Somebody had to tip them off." He said.

We followed them all the way to a motel. "They're already inside." I said as we pulled up. "Wait. There's another car pulling up." He said looking through the side mirror. I got my gun getting out the car. When the passenger door opened, Khalil got out.

"The fuck are you doing here?" I said putting my gun away. "My job. You got a problem with that?" He asked. "I thought you was supposed to be in your hotel room." Rondo said getting out the car. "Can't handle things from a hotel room can you?" He asked sarcastically.

"Khalil I told you t-" He cut me off. "I know what you said. But I'm telling you that I'm here to do my job. Now if you'd excuse me I would like to get to it." He said trying to walk past me. "I'm going with you." I said. "Trevae. I'm about to walk into a building full of people who want me dead. I might not even make it out of here alive."

"And that's why I'm coming. To make sure you do."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋