28

~Trevae POV

"Andrew?" I said looking at him. "Isn't that the dude you was talking to last night?" Khalil asked making me nod. "I guess you two have already met." Kendrick said. "You all can introduce yourselves, Trevae I'd like to show you your new office."

I followed Kendrick.

"I don't think I really need a tour. I've seen your office before." I said walking inside behind him. "Yeah but there is a lot of things in here that you don't know about." He said. "Like what?"

"Grab that cup." He said pointing to his shelf. "Nope. I already know it's going to shock me." I said. "So that means Ace has showed you his." He said making me nod. "We all have them in our houses but we have them in our offices as well." He picked up the cup making the secret door open. "It has the same things that you'd see in the houses. But it also gives you a way to get out back, upstairs, and to the basement." He said.

"Basement?"

He opened a door that had stairs leading down. "It smells like shit." I said as we walked down the steps. "It's a torture chamber. Most people don't make it out of here alive." He said. "And the people that do?" I asked raising a brow. "Somewhere traumatized." He shrugged. "Why is this necessary?" I asked.

"When you get into altercations with people, most of the time they do stupid shit to prevent their cooperation. When they don't willingly cooperate, we bring them down here. If they cooperate, we let them go, after they get fucked up. If they don't cooperate, they die." He said. "How many people have you killed in here?"

"Probably like three."

"Oh that's not as bad I was expecting."

"This month." He said making my head snap over to him.

"The month just started." I said. "Yeah well people don't like cooperating. The walls down here are sound proof. Somebody can scream as loud as they want and no one will hear them." He said. "What about Khalil?" I asked him. "What about him?"

"How many people has he killed?"

"Ace has some serious anger issues. He blacks out a lot and it's like he just sees red. He's dangerous as fuck when he's mad." He said. "That didn't answer my question."

"This year, around twenty or thirty people." He said making my eyes widen. "It's only February. He's killed that many people in two months?"

"I told you. When he's mad, he's dangerous." I knew Khalil killed people, but I didn't know he killed that many people. If he's killed that many in two months, how many has he killed before that? "We can head back upstairs now." Kendrick said. I followed him back up to the office. "Is that all?" I asked. "That's it. I'll leave you to get used to your office." He walked out.

"Knock, Knock." I looked up seeing Andrew. "So I'm assuming I was the person you were looking for at the party." I said. "Maybe." He shrugged sitting down. "I didn't say you could sit in here."

"I didn't ask. You're a little young to be doing this don't you think?" He asked me. "Why is everybody concerned about my age. I'm old enough to handle my own." I said. "How old is old enough?"

"I'm sixteen."

"Interesting." He mumbled but it was loud enough for me to here. "And you?" I asked. "Turned nineteen last month."

"So you're new to this too?" I asked. "Oh nah. I been in the game for four years. Apparently your boy Kendrick put in a word for me and wanted me to work for him. I moved over here from New York." He said. "Yeah well you'll be working for me now." I smiled. "Don't get cocky." He said shaking his head. "Why were you looking for me at the party?" I asked. "I was told that I was working under a girl who had no idea what she was doing. I had to come see who it was."