4

~Trevae POV

My eyes opened seeing a place I was unfamiliar with. I looked around seeing someone sitting in the distance. "HEY! WHERE AM I!" The person got up walking towards me. As he got closer I realized it was the same dude who got me the job. "W-What did you do to me? Where did you take me?"

"Calm down kid I didn't do anything to you. You passed out." He said. "Passed out?"

"You had a big ass gash on your forehead. Don't worry I had it fixed for you." He said. "You took me to a hospital?" I asked raising a brow. "No. I don't do hospitals. I had someone come stitch it up." He sat down in the chair across from me. "Where's my phone I need to call my best friend." I said. He pointed next to me. Of course, it's dead. "Do you have a charger?"

He walked off and came back with one. "Can you tell me where I am and why I'm here."

"You saw something that you weren't supposed to see." He said leaning back in his chair. "I didn't see anything." I already know how shit like this goes down. You only leave here in two ways, beat up or dead. "What happened to your head?"

"For all I know you could've did this to me." I scoffed. "I don't put my hands on females. And plus, if I did try to hurt you, you'd be dead."

"What was you doing on that side of town anyway?" He asked. "I go there when I want to chill. What is this anyway? 21 questions?" I scoffed. "I don't have to answer you."

"You right. You don't." He said. I looked over at my phone that just cut on. I had a ton of messages.

From Messiah🤞🏾💕 : Where are you?
Delivered : 12:56 a.m

From Messiah🤞🏾💕 : Answer yo phone bro.
Delivered : 1:07 a.m

From Messiah🤞🏾💕 : Did you go back home?
Delivered : 1:12 a.m

From Messiah🤞🏾💕 : Ight now you starting to piss me off.
Delivered : 1:24 a.m

From Messiah🤞🏾💕 : I'm calling the cops.
Delivered : 1:30 a.m

It had been an hour since the last text. "Can I please go now." I said. "You can go."

I grabbed my phone walking out. I only had five percent battery. I had no service where we were. I started walking until I made it somewhere I recognize. I was on the block next to my house. I made my way home and going through my window like I always do.

"Well, well, fucking well." My light switched on. It was April. "Where the fuck you been at?" She asked. "I got lost on the way home." I said. "Well you can pack your shit and go get lost somewhere else." She said making me look at her. "April what are you talking about?"

"The fucking cops showed up to my house looking for yo ass. You know how I feel about cops showing up here and because of you. So you can get all your shit and find somewhere else to stay."

"April you need me here." I scoffed. "I'm the reason this house is still standing."

"I can provide for this shit my damn self. I don't need you. You got five minutes. Get it and go. And if you're not gone when I come back, I'll throw you out myself." She walked out the room. What a fucking night.

**

After I packed up literally everything I owned in a duffle bag, I grabbed my phone and went out the front door. As I was passing I seen April on the couch with her friends. I left making my way to Messiah's house.

**

I knocked on his window waiting for an answer. I kept
knocking until he finally opened it. "Trevae what the fuck. I been calling you all night." He said letting me in. "And what the fuck happened to your head?" He asked. "I guess it happened when my sister pushed my head on the ground."

"Damn. Where you been? And why you got this bag ass duffle bag?" He asked. "It's a long story but because of you calling the cops, I got kicked out the house and I have nowhere to stay." I sighed. "Well if you would've just gotten in the car with me that could've been avoided." He scoffed.

"Can I please stay here?" I asked. "Stay here as in live here? Or just a few nights?" He asked. "I didn't think it mattered."

"Not to me it doesn't. But there's no way in hell I can be lowkey with you living in my room without my parents finding out. Let alone my mom." He said. "I promise they won't even know I'm here. I'll keep my stuff under your bed and be out the house an hour before anybody wakes up. I'll come back when it's night." I said. "And where you gone go during the day?

"I go to school, I have to work after that, I get off at nine I'll be here at dark. I promise I'll be low key." I said. "Alright. Fine by me. Just make sure you don't get caught."

**Next Morning**

"Trevae get up." I felt somebody pushing my side. "Stop that hurts."

"My mom is awake. Go in the closet." He said. I grabbed my blanket and got off the floor. Once I was in the closet, his door opened. "Okay baby I'm off to work." His mom said. "Ight mama."

"What's that pillow doing on the floor?" She asked. "It must've fallen off while I was asleep. I'll see you later." Messiah said. "Okay. Have a good day at school." I waited a few minutes until Messiah came and opened the door. "You good now." He said.

"What time is it?" I asked. "5:32."

"I'm going to tell my dad about you staying here. He'll be cool about it." Messiah said. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yeah. You know he always liked you."

Time passed and it was time for me to leave to catch the bus. I was dressed for school and had my clothes for work in my bag.

**

Walking into school people were pointing and whispering. Last night got these people talking. "Wassup Trevae." Garcia said walking up to me. "What do you want." I sighed. "Last night was something huh." He laughed. "Was that supposed to be a joke?" I stopped looking at him. "Nah I was j-" I cut him off. "Nah you was just being a dick. You invited me to that stupid ass party and look what happened."

"What happened to you wasn't my fault."

"Well if I hadn't gone in the first place it wouldn't have happened." I put my hood over my head and walked to class.

**Later That Night**

After I got off work, I made my way back to Messiahs house. I climbed through the window and my heart dropped. Messiahs mom was standing in his room. "I texted you and told you not to come back yet." Messiah said looking at me. "You think you was gone sneak in my house and I wasn't gone find it?" His mom said. "Mrs. Dixon I just needed a place to stay." I said. "Well this isn't the place for that so you need to go."

"Please ma'am I promise I won't be a burden." I said. "You are not about to have no thugs or drug dealers showing up at my house putting my husband and son in danger." She said. "Mama she not even like t-" She cut him off. "This ain't about you. And you are grounded for allowing this little girl in my house. Get your stuff and go please." She said before walking out. "Why didn't you just follow my text?" He asked.

"My phone died." I said. "I thought you said you were going to talk to your dad?"

"My mom came home early and went in my room. She saw your toothbrush in my bathroom." He said. "Where are you going to go?" He asked.

"I don't know. I'll figure it out."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋