Chapter 17

Zac's pov

"Cassi?!" I said starting to cry. "Baby?!" I called very close to sobbing. "My baby girl." I said sinking to my knees and sobbing. "Where could you have gone?" I whispered. All of a sudden my phone started ringing. "Hello." I answered. "So I see you found out Cassi isn't there." The voice spoke. "Who are you and why do you want my baby?" I asked. "Shut up. If you want your daughter back you'll do as I say." He chuckled. "Anything." I said. "Bring me Wes." He spoke making me cringe. Not him. Why Wes?! "Why?" I asked. "Do you want her back or not?" He asked. "Of course." I spoke. "Bring him to me. 100019287 west elm street." He said then hung up. I quickly wrote down the address. Why Wes? I finally got myself together and drove to Wes's house. I have a plan. I knocked on his door and waited a few minutes before knocking again. "I heard you hold up!" He said in a sleepy voice. He opened the door. "Zac I'll eat go home." He groaned. "I'm so sorry." I told him. "For?" He asked. "Can you do me a favor?" I asked my voice breaking again. "Anything. What is it?" He asked. "They took Cassi. They want you in return. I have a plan though. It's risky but I'm hoping I'll get away with both of you." I told him. "Yeah. Let's go." He said smiling slightly. "I'll explain my plan on the way." I told him getting in the drivers seat. He just nodded and got in to the passengers seat.

We arrived too soon yet not soon enough for me. This sucks. I got out along with Wes. I walked over to him and hugged him. "If he gets away with you I'll never give up. I will get you back. I love you." I whispered to him. "Love you too." He replied. "Let's go." He said walking away. We walked straight up to the house and knocked. I heard Cassi screaming and crying from inside the house. I let a few tears roll down my face. He opened the door and shoved Cassi out first. She was in only her underwear and a tshirt. "What did you do to her?!" I yelled. "Daddy." She whimpered. "My boy first." He told me. "No. At the same time." I told him. He paused before nodding slowly. "Go." He said and Cassi started walking to me and Wes started walking to him. When they met halfway I saw him start to pull out his gun but I got mine out first and shot him straight between the eyes. The downside is, I have a lot of explaining to do to my daughter. Wes was crying. For once in his life he was crying. Cassi was of course crying as well. I held her in my arms whispering sweet things into her ear. I opened up my other arm for Wes. He shook his head no. "Cassi I need you to answer an important question." I told her looking in her eyes. She nodded. "Was there anyone else in the house?" I asked. "Yes. Timothy. He's just 7." She answered. "That's it?" I asked. "Yes." She answered. "Go lay down in the back seat. I need to talk to Wes alright?" I asked. She nodded and went to my mustang. "Wes, you don't have to be brave all the time." I told him. "Yes I do. I've already failed once tonight." He said sadly. "That's alright. It's okay to cry. It doesn't mean you're weak or a wimp." I told him. "Yes it does." He sighed. "We'll talk later." I sighed. "Zac? Can we go get the kid?" He asked. "Yeah. That's why I sent Cassi to the car." I told him. He smiled and pulled out his gun. I pulled mine out too and we walked into the house. He was in the corner of the living room crying. He was beat up and naked. Poor guy. I slowly walked up to him. "Hey buddy." I said smiling. "Please don't hurt me." He whimpered. "No one is going to hurt you bud." I told him still inching toward him. "You're not?" He asked. "No. I promise." I told him. He looked at me with wide green eyes. Can I take you away from here?" I asked him. "Please?" He asked excitedly. I smiled and picked him up. "Can I have him?" Wes asked. I handed him to Wes. "You want him forever?" I asked. "Yes sir." He said smiling as Timmy laid his head on his shoulder. "He's yours." I told him. He carried him to the car and got in. I got into the drivers seat and started driving toward Wes's house. Timmy fell asleep on his chest and Wes kissed his head, I hope he can make a good home for him. Since Wes doesn't eat how he's supposed to is he gonna feed Timmy as he's supposed to? I hope he does. "We're here Wes." told him. He nodded and got out holding Timmy. He's adorable. He walked in with him and I couldn't help but feel proud of our little Wes. He's really stepped up for him already. I drove home and carried my baby girl inside. "Daddy." She spoke. "Yes baby?" I answered. "Are we home?" She asked. "Yes baby girl. We're home." I replied kissing her head. "Why did he take me?" She asked. "He wanted Wes. He knew it would be hard to get Wes so he went after you." I explained. "Why would it be hard to get Wes?" She asked. "He's strong and wouldn't go down without a fight." I told her. "Oh." She said quietly. "I'll explain everything later." I told her. "Explain what?" She asked. "Everything. I'll tell you everything but please don't think differently of me. I'm still me. I won't ever change okay?" I asked. "Okay." She agreed. "I'll tell you in the morning." I sighed. She nodded. I laid her down in my bed and let her cuddle up with me and we fell asleep.

Next morning.

"Baby girl it's time to get up." I told her. She got up and ate breakfast with me. "What were you going to tell me?" She asked. "Wait till after breakfast." I told her. She sighed but nodded. We put our dishes away and sat down on the couch facing each other. I took a deep breath and...

A/N: hey guys! How ya doin? Dudes how is she gonna react?!