Chapter 22

Zac's pov

East side breaking into Wes's house scares me. Maybe he needs to come stay with me for a bit until things settle down. As if on cue my phone started ringing and speak of the devil. Wes was calling. "Hello." I answered. "Timothy is scared shitless. He saw his bedroom window and he wouldn't even take his nap in my room today. He doesn't feel safe in that house. Should I just get a new one?" He asked I could tell he was chewing his nails. "Not yet. Come stay with me for a while. We'll fix up your house and it'll be good as new." I told him. "Okay, thank you sir." He replied. "You really don't need to call me that. You can call me Zac." I sighed. "Sorry, it's habit" he admitted. "It's okay, but it's not going to be awkward with Cassi is it?" I asked. "No I don't think so." He replied making me let out a breath. "You get everything packed and I'll talk to Cassi okay?" I asked. "Okay, thank you again." He said. "Anytime." I replied hanging up the phone.

"Cassi!" I yelled and waited. I'm lazy. Deal with it. She came down the stairs shortly after. "Yes?" She asked. "Um so Timothy..." I started and she cut me off. "Am I gonna get to babysit him?!" She asked excitedly. "Well uh kinda?" I said awkwardly. "Kinda?" She asked. "Him and Wes need a place to stay for a bit. They're packing their things at the moment and are headed here after that." I explained. "So while you and Wes are at work I can watch Timothy right?" She asked. "Wes hasn't been back to work in ages." I sighed. "Well he can go back tomorrow." She said smiling widely. "I love you so much." I told her hugging her tightly. "I love you too daddy but you're hurting me." She giggled. I let go. "Sorry baby girl." I chuckled scratching the back of my neck. "I haven't seen Timothy in ages! I miss the little guy." She gushed.

20 minutes later

Cassi and I were chillin on the couch watching tv when who I'm guessing is Wes knocked on the door. I jumped up to go answer it but when I swung open the door only Timothy was standing there. "Where's your daddy?" I asked him worried. "He's getting our bags." He grinned. Oh. Duh. "Come on in Timmy." I told him making him scrunch his nose up in disgust. "Don't call me that. Sounds weird." He said as serious as a hard attack. I had to suppress a laugh as I closed the door behind him. "Were you scared?" I asked him kneeling down beside him. "Yes. But my daddy helped me." He smiled. Damn I'm proud of Wes. "He's a good daddy huh?" I asked. "Yes sir." He grinned. "Babe I'm uncle Zac not sir!" I teased. "Oh. I'm sorry." He giggled. "No need to be sorry." I said as Wes walked in. "Oh hell, what'd he do?" He asked. "Nothing, just apologizing for stuff he didn't need to." I shrugged. "What was it? You might think it's fine because you're his uncle not his dad." He sighed. "He called me sir and I told him it was uncle Zac that's all." I rolled my eyes at him. "Okay fine. That wasn't bad." He huffed. "Daddy I'm a good boy!" Timothy declared loudly. "Yes you are baby boy." Wes cooed picking him up and spinning him around. "Stop it daddy! I'm dizzy!" Timothy giggled. "We better unwind huh?" Wes asked spinning in the opposite direction twice. "Better?" He asked. "Much." Timothy nodded curtly. "Good." Wes smiled and kissed his forehead. "Daddy?" He asked while yawning. "Yes my sleepy boy?" Wes replied. "M'not sleepy." He declared. "Of course not." Wes laughed. "But I love you daddy. I just wanted to tell you that." He said before laying his head on Wes' shoulder and closing his eyes. "I love you too baby." Wes spoke softly kissing his forehead again. Eventually Timothy had fallen asleep on Wes and Wes had laid him down for his nap that he was so set on skipping today. "You're really good with him." Cassi complimented Wes. "Thank you." He smiled softly. "I'm second guessing myself if I can take care of him while you're gone. I'm no where near that good with kids." She admitted. "You'll do fine. He loves you already." He chuckled. "Yeah but I just know I'll screw up." She said defeated. "And you think I didn't screw up? I've screwed up way more that I can count and he somehow still loves me." He smiled thinking of his little boy. "Really? You screwed up?" She asked. "Cassi it's like this. I've screwed up with raising you many times but you still love me more than I deserve." I said making me look at him like he was crazy. "You don't screw up very much. Lies." She said. "Well maybe not to you but to me I have." I shrugged. "Aww daddy." She said getting up to sit on my lap and cuddle into my chest. "You and your cuddles." I chuckled kissing her cheek. "I love youuuu!" She said smiling up at me. "And I love you too baby girl." I said wrapping my arms around her protectively. "You're the best thing to have ever happened to me." She spoke softly into my chest. "Damn I'm sorry baby." I chuckled. "Oh stop. You're great and you know it." She glared at me. "You poor child." I said sympathetically. "Oh just shut up." She said crossing her arms over chest. "I love you so much baby girl." I chuckled. "You better." She pouted. "I do baby trust me." I told her making her face break into a smile. "I know you  do daddy." She whispered and started drifting off to sleep herself on my lap.  I tucked her into her bed and kissed her forehead before smiling and walking out of her room. I'm blessed to have such a sweet baby girl.

A/n: I stayed up and wrote this because it's a very special girls 16th birthday today! I'm sorry that this is all I can give you @Melody_T