Chapter 13

Zac's pov
Those days I had to prepare came and went and now I'm helping Cassi pick out her dress for tomorrow. "It's not a happy day. I don't wanna wear a happy color." She said. "Cassi. Just pick a dress. You just have to look nice so the judge knows I'm taking good care of you." I told her. "Okay. This one." She held up a deep red colored dress with black lace covering it. "That looks perfect." I smiled. She returned it. "Need help with your suit?" she asked. "No thanks baby girl." I chuckled at her. She giggled and hung up her dress. "Daddy? What if you don't win?" She asked. "I'll go back to court a million times to get my baby girl back home." I assured her. She smiled softly. "I love you so much daddy." She wrapped her arms around me. "I love you more." I spoke softly.

The next morning.
"No daddy I don't wanna go!" She cried. "Baby you have to. I'm so sorry." I told her. "Please don't make me go. I don't wanna go. What if they take me away?!" She pouted. "Look at you. You look beautiful. If we stay home they will take you away and no one will see how pretty you look." I told her. "Fine." She said. "Come on baby. I'm going to try to get you to be able to stay with me." I told her. "I know." she sighed.

At court.
"Mr. Sanders, what is your argument?" The judge asked. "Well. You knew how old I was when you gave me custody of Cassi am I correct?" I asked. "Yes sir. I knew you were 19." The judge nodded. "You decided to give me custody anyways. Even though I was only 19." I stated. "Yes that is correct Mr. Sanders." The judge said. "So you decided that I was mature enough to take care of her. Correct?" I asked. The judge smiled. "Yes. I did." He said. "That's all for now." I said and took a seat. "Okay. Mrs. Lott, your turn." The judge told her. "He's too young! It's state law he has to be 21!" She yelled. "Lower your voice. It's my decision to give him custody or not." He said. "He's too young. That's all there is too it. He could put her in danger." She said. "Cassi? Has he ever put you in danger? Scared you at all?" he asked. "No sir. He's made me happy. He's protected me, and he's taken care of me but he has never put me in harms way at all." She answered. That's my girl. "Sounds like a good home to me. Mr. Sanders, take your daughter home. And you. I don't ever want you to take them to court ever again." He said pointing to Cassi's social worker. "Thank you." I smiled. He nodded and returned the smile. As soon as we were out of the court house well Cassi went crazy. "WE WON AGAIN! SCREW HER! SHE CAN DIE FOR ALL I CARE!" She yelled happily. "Hey now. No dying." I told her raising an eyebrow. "Yes sir." she said still smiling. Like I would really spank her after this. This is an amazing day. She would have to do something really bad for me to spank her now. I picked her up and spun her around. She started giggling and laughing. "Can't breathe." She laughed. I set her on my hip and kissed her cheek. "I love you so much." I told her. "I love you too." She replied smiling. "I love it when I make a good decision." We heard the judge say. "We love the fact that she won't be in a foster home. Thank you." I told him. "Well I knew she'd be better off with you than in a foster home." Was all he said before walking away. I smiled and walked away. We took my car out to a street I know cops don't patrol and got it up to 160 to celebrate. Cassi's smile was huge! "Holy cow that was fun!" She said her eyes wide. I laughed and drove home. "No driving that fast." I told her sternly. "Yes sir." She agreed. She ran into the house and hugged the couch. "Why?" I asked. "I didn't know if I'd ever see it again." she said. "Well then. I guess I'm just chopped liver." I scoffed. "No I love you more than the couch." She said with a giggle. "How kind of you." I said sarcastically. She laughed. "Can I have a puppy?" She asked. "Maybe." I told her. "I want a husky puppy." She said happy. "Okay." I told her. "Or a German Shepard." She said thoughtfully. "How about we go get a mix tomorrow?" I asked. Her eyes got wide. "REALLY??" She asked. "Yes really." I said making her jump up and down excitedly. "You're the best!" She said hugging me. "Why thank you." I said smirking.

Next day.
"Dad. daddy. dad wake up. Daddy wake up." I woke up to Cassi. "Okay okay I'm awake." I said in my morning voice. Most girls thought it was sexy. "Brush your teeth. Now." She told me. My daughter is quite the character ain't she. "Okay." I yawned. "Please." she scrunched up her nose. I got up and took a shower and brushed my teeth. I made breakfast then put on a snapback instead of styling my hair. "Let's go get you a pup shall we?" I asked. She nodded eagerly.

A/N: should I do a character question? It's where you can ask Cassi or Zac anything you want to.