Chapter 3

Zac's pov

We were eating breakfast laughing and shit then all of a sudden it started thundering and lightning. (I'm actually terrified of storms in real life.) She screamed and started all out sobbing. "Cassi calm down it's just a thunder storm it can't hurt you." I tried. "Yes it can!" She sobbed. "Shh Cassi you're okay." I soothed. She ran into my arms. Again with the cuddling. "Protect me." She sobbed. "I'll always protect you. No need to worry." I consoled her. "Promise?" she asked. "Promise." I confirmed. She calmed down and laid her head on my chest. "I'm sorry I'm scared of everything." She apologized. "Shh it's alright." I said brushing away her hair. She kissed my cheek. This child is definitely weird. How is she afraid of everything but this big scary guy? "Nap time." She whispered cuddling more into me. "Goodnight." I chuckled. Just then the door bell rang about 15 times in a row annoying both me and her. I ran to the door and opened it to see Bryce standing there. "What?" I asked. You see I'm training Bryce to be a boxer right now yeah I have a lot of jobs. "I wanna train!" He said eagerly. "Come in idiot." I said shaking my head. He did as told whilst throwing his bags down. "What gave you the crazy thought to show up at my house and say you want to train in the middle of a rain storm?" I asked. "Um I don't know Zac..." He trailed off. "Zac?" I heard Cassi ask from the kitchen. "In here!" I yelled. She walked in and clung to me as soon as she saw Bryce. "Who's he?" She asked. "This is Bryce, Bryce meet Cassi." I introduced them. "Nice to meet you sweetheart." He mocked. "Go outside and run around the house 35 times." I said through gritted teeth. You don't make fun of Cassi. "yes sir." He said confused. He obeyed and walked back in afterwards. "150 push-ups." I ordered. He did as told. "150 sit-ups." I demanded. Once again he did as told. "Did you drive here?" I asked. "No sir." He answered out of breath. "Jog home and make this a reminder to not make fun of Cassi understood?" I asked. "Yes sir. Sorry." He apologized. "It's okay." She said politely. "Text me when you're home safe stupid." I said as he started toward the door. He nodded and ran out. "And why was he here?" She asked. "I train him for boxing." I answered. She nodded. "So school starts soon." I said. She looked at me scared. "What?" I asked. "I don't like people." She said. "Sorry you have to go to school." I sighed. "Okay." She mumbled. "I'm found to enroll you as a junior right?" I asked. She nodded. "Okay enrollment is tomorrow." I informed her. "Okay." She said weakly. "You seem thrilled." I said sarcastically. She looked at me like I was stupid. "Sarcasm dearest." I said ruffling her hair. "Oh." She blushed.

At enrollment.

"Who are you?" Someone flirtatiously asked me. "Her big brother. Too old for you." I snapped. "I like older men." She bit her lip. "And I'm into women not girls." I groaned. She made an annoying sound and walked off. I looked down at Cassi. She was silently crying into her hands. i wrapped an arm around her. "Shh it's alright." I soothed. "I'm scared." She whimpered. "No need to be scared. Nothing is gonna happen okay?" I asked. She nodded but wasn't convinced. "You won't always be here." She cried. "I know but Cassi you gotta learn how to be okay on your own without me." I told her. "I don't want to." She cried. "It'll be okay everything is gonna be okay." I soothed. "Okay." She sighed wiping her eyes. "That's a good girl." I said hugging her and then leading her through to get her schedule and stuff.

That night

"Did you brush your teeth?" I asked. She nodded. "Lemme see." I said not believing her. She's never really had good hygiene cause she's never had a good life so I gotta stay on top of it. She breathed in my face. She didn't. I smacked her butt twice. "Go brush and never lie to me again." I warned. "Okay." She whimpered. She came back. "Lemme see." I said before I let her in bed. She breathed in my face again. "Much better." I praised and gave her a smile. She rolled her eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." I said sternly. "Yes sir." She replied. "Goodnight babygirl love you." I whispered turning out the light. "Goodnight. Love you too." She replied and we were both asleep within minutes.

A/N: sorry it's short.