Chapter 18

Zac's pov

"Cassi I'm in a gang. I'm sure you were wondering why I had a gun and had good aim with one. I've killed hundreds of people. I'm now the leader of the gang as well. Please don't be scared of me." I told her. "You're lying. You can't be in a gang. You haven't killed anyone but my kidnapper. You can't. This isn't true." She replied with tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry baby girl. It is true. I'm so sorry. I love you so much baby. Please don't think different of me." I pleaded. She just sat there and sobbed. I tried to bring her into my chest and comfort her. She flinched away. "No." She sobbed. "Baby girl I'm still the same person. I'm still daddy." I said, a tear falling from my eyes. "I want to call my social worker." She cried. "No please. I love you so much please don't go." I cried. "Zac. I can't live with a gang leader. I love you." She said starting to sob again. "Nothing is going to change. Please stay with me." I cried. "Your job is the reason I got taken." She said stabbing me in the heart. Not literally. "I saved you. I'll always save you." I continued to cry. "Zac I don't think I can live here anymore. I'm so sorry." She said still crying as well. "Please baby. I won't ever let anything happen to you ever again. Please don't go baby girl. I need you." I begged. "I need you too." She admitted. "So stay. Please stay." I pleaded. "Zac." She sighed. "Please baby girl." I begged. "Fine. I'll stay." She sighed wiping her tears. "Thank goodness." I said relieved. "Are you scared of me?" I asked. "A little bit. That explains the tattoos and why you're always at the gym twice a day." She said. "Yeah the second time I'm actually at a meeting." I admitted. "Well I'm glad you plan things out." She shrugged. "I would be dead if I didn't plan things out." I told her. "Don't say that." She replied grumpily. "Sorry." I said holding my hands up in defense. "I've never seen you cry before." She admitted. "I thought I was about to lose my baby girl." He defended himself. "I love you daddy." She said smiling at me. "I love you too baby girl." I replied returning the smile.

Wes' Pov the night before

I took him inside and laid him on the bed before searching for something he could wear to bed and tomorrow. I found two tshirts and a pair of jeans what would fit him. I also found a pair of underwear for him. I put the clothing on my dresser then walked over to the bed. "Timothy, let's get you a bath." I told him seeing that he had woken up. "I don't know how to bath." He admitted shyly. I already figured that. "It's okay babe. I'll bathe you." I smiled when he blushed. I picked him up and grabbed a shirt and his underwear from my dresser. I walked to the bathroom and sat him on the toilet seat while I cleaned the tub and waited for the water to get warm. Once it was I started filling up the tub with water. I put bubbles in it, then turned to grab Timothy. He was sitting there swinging his legs back and forth. It was cute. I grabbed him and then put him in the water. He giggled and started playing with the bubbles. "As cute as this is, I still gotta clean you." I chuckled. "Otay." He sighed. After I got his hair and body washed I let him play a little longer. I eventually got him out and put on the clothes I had for him. The underwear fit but the shirt was a little big. Oh well it'll have to do. "Where do I sleep?" He asked. "With me tonight. I'll get you a bed tomorrow." I told him. "Okay dada." He said making my heart swell. I'm a dad. Holy shit. I'm a dad. I kissed his cheek then picked him up and carried him to the bed. "You take care of me?" He asked. "Yes baby I'll take care of you." I smiled. "Thanks." He said closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep. I smiled at him then kissed his forehead before getting a shower myself and getting into bed. "I love you Timothy." I whispered before falling asleep.

4 am

"Dada. Daddy. Wake up." I awoke to the sound of Timothy's scared voice. "Did you have a nightmare?" I asked holding him to my chest. "Yes daddy." He said sniffling. "It's okay baby. I won't let anyone hurt you." I told him kissing his hair. "Promise?" He asked. "I promise to try my hardest to make sure you're never hurt again." I told him. He smiled and snuggled up to my chest. "I love you baby." I whispered. "You do?" He asked shocked. "Of course." I replied. "I love you too Dada." He said happily. "Can you go back to sleep or no?" I asked. "I think so." He answered. I sighed I better make him a sippy cup of milk to make sure he sleeps. I warmed up a sippy cup of milk then sat in my rocking recliner. I rocked him as he drank his milk. He was dead asleep by the time he finished his sippy cup. I picked him up bridal style to make sure I didn't wake him up and put the sippy cup in the sink before laying him down in bed then getting in bed myself. I'm going to be exhausted tomorrow but that's okay. He's worth it. I fell asleep to his little snores. He's my son and I love him to the moon and back times infinity.

Next morning

"Timothy. Wake up. I have breakfast ready." I told him gently. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "What's for breakfast?" He asked. "Chocolate chip pancakes." I answered. He got really happy and clapped his hands. "Sound good?" I asked. "Yes dada!" He exclaimed. I chuckled and lifted him out of bed. He gave me a sloppy kiss on my cheek and let me tell you, it was the best kiss I've ever gotten. My cheek is very lucky. I sat him down and cut up a pancake then put syrup on the side for him. He immediately began stuffing his face. It was adorable. After breakfast I wiped his face and hands then dressed him for the day. We went shopping and got him clothes, shoes, soap, a bed, sheets, and underwear. Socks included. He was almost set. We just needed to get him a toothbrush and toys. Which we did. We got home and he started playing with his toys as I put his race car bed together. I bathed him again, made him brush his teeth, then put his pjs on and put him to bed after a long day of shopping and of course getting him McDonald's. For supper I kinda winged it and made pb&j's he loved them though.

A\N: how's the chapter? Wes is so cute with Timothy!