Chapter 10

Cassi's pov

So Zac just told me about the appointment on Thursday. It's Wednesday. I'm sitting in my room crying because I'm afraid of being taken away from Zac. I belong with him. He protects me. I can't live without him. I know she's going to want to take me away from him.

Thursday.

"Daddy don't let her take me please!" I begged. "Baby girl I will fight for you till I die. I love you so much baby girl." He cooed. "She's going to take me back! I don't want to leave you!" I sobbed clinging onto him. "Shhh baby girl I can't do anything. I don't know what to say. I love you. I won't let you go without a fight." He said. A knock sounded at the door. I sobbed harder. "Shh baby girl it's okay. She hasn't even started yet and you don't know if she's going to take you or not." He soothed. I hiccuped and nodded. He walked to the door with me in his arms. "Hello." She grunted. "Hello." Zac replied. I was clinging onto him for dear life. "Why is she holding onto you like that?" she asked. "She's scared." Zac answered. "Of?" he scoffed. "Being taken away." I replied softly. "Why? He isn't that great of a person Cassi." She huffed. "Yes he is. I love him." She defended me. I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Go talk to her okay? It'll be okay baby girl." He said setting me down. "Okay." I obeyed and showed her to my room. She wanted to search the place again so I let her. She of course didn't find anything because Zac hid it in Preston's house. "I don't think that he is taking good care of you. I want to see that you are out of here soon. I am sending you guys to court." She told me making me cry like hell. I ran downstairs. "Daddy!" I sobbed. "Cassi baby what's wrong?" he asked. "We have to go to court!" I sobbed. He looked up at my social worker and she had a smug look on her face. "Why? why would you do this to her? She's finally happy. I finally made her believe that she doesn't have to be scared. I protected her. She finally has someone she can come home and show her grades to and I go crazy because I'm damn proud of my baby girl. I hope you're happy." He said tears streaming down his face. "I must go. You have to be in court next Tuesday at 2pm don't be late." she said and walked out. "It'll be okay baby girl. I'll get a lawyer and a good one at that." He told me. "She heard me call you daddy." I whispered. "Is that wrong?" he asked. "I'm not sure." I said truthfully. "Baby girl I won't let you go without fighting my hardest. I love you so much baby girl." He whispered kissing my forehead and cheeks and my hair about 50 times each. "I love you too." I sighed cuddling up to his chest. "I officially hate her now." He chuckled lightly. "I always have." I admitted. "I wonder why." He sarcastically said.

At court

I was dressed in a dress and he was in a rented tux. His lawyer said that he hates my social worker too. (I don't know how court works really because small town lol we don't do it right.) The judge walked in and we all stood up. "Y'all can sit." He said allowing us to sit. "Okay. First we're going to here from miss Lott (social worker.)" the pudgy judge stated. She walked up to the stand. "I searched their house the second time I was there for anything suspicious. I didn't find anything but I believe that's because Cassi told Zac that I wanted to the first visit." She said accusingly. "You can't accuse in the court of law." The judge said raising an eyebrow. "She was scared and told me no the first visit so that gives me reason to believe that." She stood by her statement. "We can have a policeman search his home today." The judge sighed. Good thing I haven't brought anything back from Preston's place. My house looks perfectly normal. "Are you done Lott?" the judge asked. "Yes." She said. "Okay Zac?" He asked. Zac walked up to the stand. "Sir. I don't know why she would want to hurt that little girl anymore than she already has been. She's finally in an environment where she feels safe and I'd like to keep it that way. Sir. I love that little girl sitting next to my lawyer. I'd honestly do anything for her and I won't let her go back to living the life she was before. Please don't take my baby girl away from me." He said making me tear up. The judge nodded. "I've came to a conclusion." The judge announced as Zac sat down with me. I held his hand tightly. "Zachary Sanders I give you full custody of Cassandra Savannah Sanders." He said and thumped his gavel on the thingy. I jumped up in excitement. "YES! YOU WON! WE WON!" I screamed. "Shh baby girl indoor voice." He said chuckling but hugging me anyways. I heard the judge laugh at our conversation. "Sorry." I giggled. "I always told you it would be okay." He smirked. "Let's go home." I smiled.

Zac's pov

I'm so fucking happy I got custody of her. It's no longer just the big brother thing I'm her legal dad. We won't have to have meetings with social workers or anything anymore it's just my daughter and I. I smiled widely looking down at my baby girl. I already knew that I loved her like my own and now she is. I turned into a total sap just now but I don't give a fuck. I'm barely older than her but it works great for us.

A/N: so cute okay sorry bye babes.