Workaholic.

Connor's POV

Troye had always been a workaholic, to engrossed in writing songs, making YouTube videos and being a youth inspiration, to stop and watch the world around him. Sometimes he was so enthusiastic, or packed with ideas, that he would forget the simpler things in life, like Nutella sandwiches, beautiful starry nights and sometimes even me!

I knew that he loved me, cherished the moments we spent together, and it didn't matter that he loved his job. I was just worried about him. It was the usual night time fiasco, Troye still in the studio, and me, sitting at home, pondering my thoughts. As the time grew later, my perch near the window became empty, all hope that he was coming home tonight, thrown to the back of my mind. This was a usual thing these days.

I headed to bed, subconsciously gripping my phone in my hand as I climbed beneath the sheets. I slept with it next to me, to worried that he would need me for some reason, and that I would be in a deep enough sleep to not hear it ring.

I tossed onto my side, the soft white duvet pulled up to my chin. It was comfortable to say the least, but these lonely nights weren't the same without Troye by my side, his gentle touch, soothing my mind as I drifted off.

I looked at his bare pillow, his laptop sat prominently on top of it. He was always an untidy person, he couldn't put anything away! I leaned over the side of the bed, grabbing it and setting it on my lap as I sat up. One look wouldn't hurt.

I opened up his calendar, checking his free dates, the few numbered boxes that didn't have a note scribbled onto them. I saw the date of our anniversary, the day that was coming up in a week. It was left completely bare, with only a heart, and a little typed note at the bottom.

'Special day with my Con Bon'

I smiled in response, knowing that deep down he cared for me. Made it a job of his to make time for us, time where I could have my boyfriend to myself, pulled away from his phone, or not sat in a studio, writing music all day.

With that thought I closed the laptop back down, placing it now neatly on the bedside cabinet, ready for when he came home. I laid back against the pillow, still smiling widely at the thought of Troye. It wasn't long before my tired eyes fell heavy, and I fell into a peaceful slumber once again.

Morning.

I woke up startled, as the phone next to my face buzzed wildly, the sound of Troyes singing voice ringing from the speakers. I had a phone call.

I reached over and unlocked my phone. I gasped slightly, realising I had only just woken up. It was 12pm and I had only just opened my eyes. I shook the drowsy feeling away from my head, before rushing to answer the call. It was Troye's number.

"Hey babe!" I smiled to myself, instantly sitting up as I listened for his accent to give me butterflies again.

"Connor?" I heard a familiar voice on the other end, slightly worried as it spoke, but it was certainly not Troye's croaky mumble, this was Emma, Troye's manager.

"Emma? What's wrong? Why are you on Troye's phone?" I asked, now becoming impatient as I heard a dramatic sigh, and a long pause of breath. I was getting worried, why couldn't I hear my boyfriends voice, singing, laughing, talking?

"You need to come and pick Troye up, he isn't very well." Emma mumbled, her voice becoming quieter as she moved around with the phone. I quickly jumped out of the bed whilst still on the line. I needed to get there for him, I needed to be there now.

"What's wrong with him? Is he okay?" I panicked, jumping into my trousers as best as I could, with only one hand free.

"Well, we were in the studio, and he just collapsed. He's been out cold for a while." She spoke quickly, sounding stressed as she ranted down the phone. "I suggested that we call an ambulance, but the medic on site said it was just exhaustion." She added, her voice hesitant as she heard me gasp.

"Okay, if he wakes up, tell him I'm on my way!" I replied, now running towards the front door, car keys in my hand as I spoke. I knew Troye was a workaholic but he had taken it too far this time. I couldn't have him abandoning his health anymore. He needed to slow down!

I managed to get to the studios in record time, only slightly speeding, through the hectic LA traffic. Before I knew it, I was running through the double doors, towards the all so familiar studio set up that Troye seemed to call home.

As I ran into the room, my eyes grew in fear as I rushed to his weak body, now slumped across the sofa, which sat just outside of the studio. Emma was sat beside him, gently stroking his hair as he laid out cold, unmoving, eyes shut, taking slow breaths.

"TROYE!" I whimpered, falling beside his figure, my shaking hand intertwined with his. I cupped his chin, and caressed his cheek, just wanting him to open his eyes, wake up so I could take him home.

"Con?" He muttered, waking abruptly against my touch. I instantly smiled, staying calm as he became nervous, his body shifting upright as he looked at the pairs of eyes surrounding him. I sat down on the sofa, letting his body fall into mine, as he became tired again, his eyes forcing themselves open at this point.

"You're okay, don't worry babe." I soothed, stroking his hair as he cuddled into me. He was really exhausted, and the only thing I wanted to do right now was get him to bed, and make sure he got some rest.

"I'm sorry, I j-just needed to finish one more song and-" his voice was cut off by a strangled whimper, his head burying itself in my chest as he cried. "I'm so tired Connie, s-so tired!"

I nodded, sitting him up as I moved to stand. His anxious expression fading as I held out my hand to him. He tentatively took it, wobbling to his feet as he did so. I caressed his palm, before looping our arms, placing a small kiss on his forehead as he shut his eyes.

"Let's get you home babe" I smiled, guiding him out of the door. "You are spending the next week with me, resting up okay?"

"Okay." He muttered, his weight now laying heavily against my side. Too tired to walk on his own. "Love you Connie" he whispered into my shoulder. I hoisted his body up, lifting him into my arms as we walked. He snuggled into my chest, his breathing now soft and calming as he fell asleep.

"I Love you too Tro." I replied, before putting him in the car. This was going to be a nice week ahead. A week where my Troye was home and safe. A week where Troye was with me.

A/N

Hey guys!! I'm back! So after my other story picture of a life time, I thought I would start some one shots for you all! I hope you enjoy them, and don't forget to send in any requests or ideas! Just to inform you though, I won't be doing smut, or mpreg, because it's just not my thing.

So anyway, enough of the rambling, I'll see you soon!

Becca xxx