I can't sleep.

Day 1.

Connor couldn't sleep.

He tossed and turned, tucking his arms in and out of his sheets. The the warm sensation of the duvet was slowly becoming old, and he couldn't help but fidget as he watched the hours tick by.

It was the first day in a while that he had found trouble in the nightly task, and he huffed as he roughly turned on his side.

It was bare. The bed was completely empty, all but another pillow that laid vacant next to his. He pressed the light up clock on his bedside and sighed as it read another hour later.

What was he even thinking about for this long?

Maybe he was thinking about him? The boy that he was so used to cuddling him into a slumber, caressing the side of his cheek when he was in such a deep thought.

Maybe he was thinking about the fact that he was away from him now, on tour, not looking at Connor as he usually did during the songs.

Maybe it's was the fact that his love was singing their song, to an empty crowd, a crowd that didn't know the meaning. He wanted to hear his song sung to him, the lullaby that was for him.

For him.

He put the song on.

It was poppy and up beat, and it only woke him up. He had an acoustic recording on his phone, from when Troye decided to sing softly with his guitar.

He liked that version.

He pressed play, and laid back against his pillow. He closed his eyes, and pictured his boyfriend, serenading him to sleep. He could almost feel him, laying beside him, his hot breath tickling his neck as he sung like an angel.

But when the song finished, his eyes were open again, almost disappointed when he woke to being alone.

It was no use.

He just couldn't sleep.

Day 2.

"How are you darling?"

He had called Troye the next morning, pining for the sound of his voice after that horrendous sleepless night.

"I'm fine babe, I watched the clips your dad sent me from the first show!" He spoke happily, masking the tiredness with pride as he beamed about Troye's success.

"Aww, did you like it? I was really nervous Con!" Troye seemed cheerful, and Connor held onto his voice.

"You know I loved it, and so did the crowd honey! They have been tweeting like maniacs! I wish I could have been there!" Connor visually huffed, looking down at his bitten fingernails, as Troye went silent.

"You were there in my head. I pictured you in the crowd, smiling up at me as I sung. It calmed me down Con!" Troye seemed happy at this thought, and for that Connor smiled.

"You know I would be there if I could. I just want you to know that I'm proud of you, so proud of you baby." He heard Troye giggle on the other end. He imagined him blushing like an idiot, like he always did.