Blind date.

- Prompt -

"Blind date AU" - atypewriterfairytale

Connor's POV

"Are you sure about this Ricky? I don't know if I should go?" I was beginning to become nervous as my high school friend, and now roommate, was helping me pick an outfit, an outfit for an important night.

He looked over at me and shook his head, before persisting with ruining my wardrobe, as my shirts began to fly across the room. I could tell he was chuckling at my panicked expressions, and he pressed a blue button up against my chest, gesturing for me to try it on.

"Connor, it's one blind date! You need to get back out there, forget about your past experiences!" Ricky was trying to reassure me, but his words were muffled in my head, as I desperately looked in the mirror, judging my over styled hair, and the effort I had put in.

"Does it look to much?" I turned to face my friend, and pointed to my hair and outfit choice, almost begging him to sort it out for me. "I don't want to come across as a-"

"Shut up Franta!" He laughed cutting my speech off. "You look absolutely ravishing!" He winked, positioning my collar, and patting down my arms.

"Aww my best friend is going to fall in love tonight! I can see it in the stars!" He was prancing around the room, picking up his cufflinks from my bed.

I was shaking my head at his deluded remark, until he walked forward and held out his hands.

"Here," He said, handing me the accessory. "Put these on for good luck." He positioned the cufflinks correctly on my shirt sleeves, and smiled as I looked up at him. "You'll be fine Con." He muttered.

"Thanks Rickster, I love you bro." I hugged him tightly, before pulling away to see my taxi outside.

"Are you ready?" He was jumping up and down excitedly, following me to the door in one big hurry.

"I'm ready." I breathed, taking one last look at my best friend, before walking into the unknown.

Nervous was an understatement.

-Time skip-

I walked into the restaurant I had picked, the boy I was meeting, kind enough to let me choose our activities for the night.

I took a seat at the booked table and sat playing with my phone, waiting for my mystery man to arrive. I was constantly receiving confidence boosters from Ricky, and for that I was grateful, as I had began to slouch into the chair, my over all position hunched and worried. This boy could not see me like this.

I was beginning to stare at myself in my screen when I felt a pat on my back, the soft touch from the other human, making my jitters calm, and causing me to turn around.

"Connor?" He smiled, stood still, as nervous as I was. He was wearing a grey patterned button up, and a pair of ripped jeans, his look finished off with his messy curls, styled down on his forehead.

He was hot as fuck.

"Troye?" I replied, my voice shaky as he sat down, still staring at my face and looking slightly on edge. Maybe it was because I couldn't get my eyes off his, their vibrant blue colour encapturing my thoughts. I hadn't even realised he had spoken, until he had handed me a menu, probably freaked out with my weirdness.

"I'm sorry I'm just so nervous!" I chucked slightly, watching as he nodded his head. He seemed to be smiling sweetly at me, and it was kind of comforting right now.

"Don't worry, my friends had to push me here, I was too scared to go alone!" He replied, taking a sip of the wine I had ordered to the table. I suddenly felt happy that I wasn't the only one scared tonight, and the fact that we were both in the same boat, made me feel less tense around him.

"So what are you interested in? I thought we could get to know each other?" I began to fire up the conversation, as we sat patiently waiting for our food. He seemed relieved that I had spoken first, and he began to clear his throat, before beginning to speak in his deep Australian accent.

It was cute.

"I love to sing, and I write songs for a living, you know for some bigger artists, and of course some for myself. I had this dream I suppose, all the way through school. I just wanted to make something big out of my life, and do the thing I'm really passionate about."

"That is amazing." I said, watching as he began to blush slightly. "I really like people that are productive and work for what they want in the world. Life is too short to be simple, and following your dream, is one thing I truly believe in!" I let out a small breath as I finished, and he seemed impressed with the little speech of mine.

"You really have a way with words Connor, I totally agree with you!" He was fiddling with his hands, before continuing to talk. "What do you enjoy?" He asked.

"I love photography and video making, I suppose they're my big passions in life. That and Cats." I chuckled, face palming as he shook his head. He was laughing at my remark, and I sat in front of him with a tomato red face, all embarrassed.

I sounded like a crazy person!

"No way, definitely dogs!" He stated, still smiling wide. "Although I have always wanted to know a crazy cat lady." He knocked my arm, and winked at me, something I found very flirtatious. He seemed like he was the cheeky type, and I liked it.

"I'll take crazy cat lady as a compliment." I pretended to crown myself, and he rolled his eyes, still laughing as I mucked around.

"It was a compliment." He said, taking another sip of his drink. "The crazy people are the best!" He started pulling a funny face with his tongue out. "The fact that you like cats, makes you my opposite though." He giggled.

"Opposites attract." I smirked, taking the chance to be cheeky myself. He was thrown off by the comment, but slowly nodded his head.

"They do indeed." He smiled.

-Time skip-

As the night drew to a close, I felt myself drying my tears of laughter, as we joked around with each other, flirting for most of the meal. Troye had began to stand up, Walking over to pay for our food. He was smiling as I sat annoyed, after he had protested that I touched my wallet.

As he came back over to the table, I was gathering my things, and he tried to help, catching my hand with his in the process. His touch made me tingle, and I paused to look into his eyes once again.

He held out his hand, and I took it, for the first time ever, intertwining our fingers. I felt his pulse in his hand. His heart was racing. I gulped down my own butterflies, and we started to walk outside, our fingers still stuck together.

"It's been a wonderful evening Connor." His hair blew majestically in the summer breeze, and his eyes glimmered against the moonlights sparkle. He was truly stunning, and I suddenly realised I had been very lucky.

"I can't wait to see you again Troye Sivan." I muttered, looking down, praying he wouldn't reject me. He bought my chin up with his finger, and pecked me softly on the lips, before standing off a bit, his expression nervous again, tentative in this special moment.

"I can't wait to see you again too Connor Franta." He smiled, before starting to walk away. I waved goodbye, and stood in shell shock, as I recovered from his kiss. It was liberating, a perfect end to a perfect night.

"I'll have to thank Ricky for those lucky cufflinks." I chuckled to myself as I set off too. "I'll have to wear these more often." I smiled.

A/N

THANK YOU FOR HITTING 1,000 VOTES ON THIS BOOK!

This is a oneshot as a THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me and voted for this!

Thank You to atypewriterfairytale for the prompt! And I will be happy to take any from others as well!

Okay so I'm gonna go!!

Becca xx