Always.

Prompt from DesolationCrow

(Warning- eating disorder)

Troye's POV

It had been weeks since I had seen him. He was cuddled softly into the couch blanket as I walked through the door. I had just arrived from the airport, and I struggled as I hauled the cases through the door.

I had rung him at the airport but my calls had no avail. He flailed to take any of them, and I ended up in a taxi, using my key to enter his apartment. We had been together for just over two years, and as I pressed a kiss to his forehead my heart melted as his nose scrunched.

He slept like an angel, weirdly passed out at 2pm as if he hadn't slept in weeks. I furrowed my brows, as I saw the dark circles protruding under his eyes, and his quiet breaths as he was wrapped warm. He looked as if he was shivering under all of those layers, and I placed a warm hand on his shoulder, rocking him slightly out of his slumber.

"T-Tro?" He rasped weakly grabbing my fingers. "I-Is that y-you?" He was still shaking and I took a seat next to him, pulling him into my embrace. Anything to warm him up.

"Baby, you didn't answer my phone calls? Why are you sleeping at this time lovely?" He looked down at the floor, and I persisted to pull him close. He felt bony, his frame smaller than I remembered it. Come to think of it his face looked gaunt, his cheek bones naturally defined and a greyish tinge covering his skin.

Maybe he was ill?

"I'm tired." He whispered, falling consciously into my lap. His thin arms were flimsy, and his lips stood out against his pale complexion. I cradled him, my concern bubbling in my stomach as I watched him sleep again.

Something wasn't right.

-Time Skip-

It was a day later now. Connor seemed to be sleeping, still exhausted as I began to prise myself from our double kingsize bed. I stroked his fallen quiff, leaving him to rest as I padded to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge, gasping slightly as I was met with an empty space, a large area of nothingness, apart from an old milk carton, a week or two out of date.

I shook my head, guessing that he had just been too busy to go shopping. I moved my way over to the cupboards, scanning them for signs of a breakfast treat and smiled as I came across one pot of Nutella, the one I had brought a couple of weeks ago.

There was nothing else in here. No food in sight.

Why did this all seem so strange?

As I persisted to scoop out the remains of the jar, I watched as my boyfriend slowly entered the room, his body hidden under a dressing gown and his eyes puffy as he rubbed them meekly.

"Morning kitten." I beamed, pausing my activities to peck his lips. He retaliated lightly before slowly taking the other seat, staring into space.

"You have no food in the fridge Con, we need to go on a shopping trip later babe." I explained, pointing to the fridge that laid desolate in the distance.

I watched his eyes widen as he nodded, gripping his stomach rather painfully as it rumbled. Of course I heard, chucking him a banana from his fruit bowl, one f the only things stocked up around here. He started down at it with a pitiful expression before thanking me quietly.

"Con? Aren't you going to eat it?" I questioned, watching as he just looked at it, playing with the oversized stalk. He twiddled it in his thumbs, and sat with a disgusted expression, as if he felt sick.