Anxiety.

Troye's POV

I was panicking again. My whole body began to shake as I walked along the school corridor. My feet dragged me numbly past the lockers, my eyes too focused on the people around me, to look where I was going.

"Watch it!" A boy snapped, pushing against my shoulders as his books went flying. I quickly pulled my head up to look at him, still trembling as his cold eyes set themselves on me. "What you looking at?" He now questioned, his grip on my body becoming tighter. "Go away you idiot!"

With that I rushed past him, the adrenalin kicking into my body as I ran. I could feel the people looking at me. Laughing at the boy who had anxiety, the stupid little weak one that couldn't hold himself together for a few hours.

I could feel myself going red, the flushed feeling on my face becoming more apparent to onlookers. The crowds around me were getting bigger, the lunchtime period producing more bodies in the corridor.

I started to head to my usual place for lunch. As I batted my way past the people at the lockers, I found myself in a quieter corridor, with only my mind as company. I turned a corner, just past the art block, and was reacquainted with my usual spot. A place where no one went.

I walked into an abandoned toilet, the cubicles now too old for use, and the only thing still in tact were the mirrors, placed carefully by the sinks. This place was unknown to most students, to out of the way for most people to get to, and for the few people who passed, it was just a random room, one that they wouldn't bother with.

Just as I took my same seat, on the edge of the marble sinks, my body suddenly tensed up, as a sound erupted from one of the cubicles. I was positive I was alone. Maybe my mind was playing with me, after all I had just had an anxiety attack.

I stood up from my sitting position, walking tentatively towards the seemingly closed door. Now saying engaged next to the lock button.

"I-is anyone in t-there?" I stuttered, my breath hitching, as I now heard a small sniffle come from behind the wood. "Are you okay?"

"Go away!" The male voice muttered, clearly to distraught to come out as more than a whisper. I felt myself step back, that same panicky feeling sitting at the bottom of my stomach as I tried to speak. I closed my eyes for a brief second, calming myself with one deep breath, before continuing to investigate the problem.

"Just come out!" I said, getting worried as the crying continued. The person seemed as if they were having trouble breathing, the short pants now getting faster and heavier as they moved around. I could tell they were having a panic attack, the symptoms all so familiar to me. "I know you're panicking, I can hear your breathing!"

"H-how would y-you know what a panic attack is l-like!" The boy whimpered, a band sounding on the door as he seemed to lean against it. "How did you even find this place?"

"I have anxiety." I sighed, my hands now resting on the door frame as I spoke. "I come here most lunches. I can't deal with all of the people." I carried on, hoping my shamble of an explanation would take the boys mind off whatever he was thinking.

"I-I have anxiety too." He said, his voice sounding slightly calmer as he spoke, the now American accent really coming out.

"Look, just come out of there, let me help you!" I soothed, slightly playing with the lock. "I have Nutella sandwiches and an IPad with me. We could hang out, if you want?" I couldn't believe what I was saying. I, Troye Mellet, was actually suggesting human interaction? I must have been mad. This felt different though, even after a few minutes with this boy, we clicked, almost like the same people as we panicked.

"Y-you'll l-laugh at me!" He shouted back, his crying now starting up again. I don't know why, but I could feel a lump in my throat as I heard his pain. I knew what it was like to feel insecure, to not feel great about yourself. Hearing this boy only made me relive my life, it made me realise how bad it looked.

"I promise I won't!" I spoke calmly, trying to be the bigger person here. I couldn't be the frail one all of the time. It was time to step up, and help someone else. Just as I got impatient, I heard the sound of the cubicle unlocking, the door now swinging open in my face.

There stood in front of me was a small American beauty. His emerald green eyes were bloodshot and puffy, but they captured my attention straight away. He had light brown hair, perfectly styled into a quiff, not faltering as he cried in to his checkered shirt.

"I'm Troye, pleased to meet you!" I smiled, holding out my hand for him to shake. I must have looked like an idiot, with my socially awkward hand gestures and my lip now becoming red from biting it so hard. It was difficult to stay calm, my heart was racing. This boy was beautiful.

"I'm Connor, Connor Franta." He looked up. "I'm new here."

I nodded, and stretched my arms out for him as he sobbed. He needed a hug, whether it was from a complete stranger or not. He slowly embraced, burying his head into my chest now.

In that moment, just at our first encounter. His touch felt different to me, nothing like I had ever felt before. My heart beat was rising, and I felt hot all of a sudden. I was pretty sure I felt a spark, a fuzzy feeling that was more than calm. It was exhilarating.

"I think we are are going to be great friends!" Connor suddenly piped up, taking a bite of my Nutella sandwich on the counter. I looked at him, taking in his features once again. I felt my breath hitch, before taking the other sandwich.

"Yeah, I think we are going to get along just fine." I smirked, all anxiety floating away as we talked. I swear that right then, I saw him blush.