5 Anxiety Tips.

Hi, Hey, How the hell are ya?

I don't like making author's notes, but I just wanted to say a few things, as I think it's quite necessary right now.

I like to openly speak about my anxiety disorder on wattpad so that others can maybe ask me for tips, help, or gain reassurance that they are not the only one with this in the world. Because I know that helps me!

After, talking to ALOT of you on here, I am quite overwhelmed by the support some of you give, and the amount of people that have come to me, and openly talked about their anxiety issues as well. It makes me so happy that I can do a little bit of good in the world, even if it is telling someone they will be okay.

Because you WILL be okay!

So, I decided to make a little list of things that help with my anxiety, and tips that I have used over the years, because trust me, I am an awful worrier!

Tip 1.

BREATHE!

I know everyone tells panicking people this, but I don't want you to try some fancy breathing pattern, just remember that you are Breathing, and try to focus on it, blocking out the world around you if it helps you concentrate. If this grounds you back down to earth, like it does me, your breathing should calm naturally, and your panic may subside.

Tip 2.

What your feeling won't last forever.
Our fears are the biggest struggles most of us face. I know it seems endless, exhausting, like there is no way out, but anxiety can often happen without warning, I find we fear the anxiety more than anything else. I know I do.
So for me, just remembering that this is my brain making up these scenarios, these struggles that I am facing, is calming actually. If I tell myself it's not real, something that is only inside my body, I can fight it.

you may not believe it, but you are strong, stronger than a lot of people think you are. The biggest battles we are going to face are the ones with ourselves , so if you can win that, you can get through anything.

Tip 3.

Encourage yourself!

I often let anxiety get me down, and it really upsets me that I can't do all the things that I want to do. My anxiety is very prominent when I go out or go to school, often resulting in a panic attack before I walk through the doors everyday, and I know for a fact that I'm not the only one, because I have had people off here tell me exactly the same thing!

So a little idea that I have come across over the years is writing little encouragements on a note before I leave to go out.

Okay, this may seem stupid but it helps me! It really does!

"You are strong"

That's the thing I write when I'm feeling anxious, so that when I have gotten through the day, I can come back into the comfort of my room and look at that. It really makes me smile!

Tip 4.

Take baby steps in conquering your fears!

You could have social anxiety, or a fear of spiders, but one day or another you will have to face it.

So for me, I'm scared of being trapped and throwing up as well, and often just fling out of my comfort zone.

Just push yourself a little bit more each time, maybe with a friend by your side, because I have some amazing humans that I call friends, a couple of them are even on here. They have helped me a lot! Sitting through my panic attacks, forcing me to go out. God knows where I would be without them!

If you face your fear, it may not go away, but trust me, it will get better!

Tip 5.

Finally, if you are having a panic attack, here is how I calm myself down...

- picture your safe place. E.g your bedroom. Picture it's exact layout, all the objects in it and pretend you are there, remember that you will be there soon.

- have something to eat or drink. This does not o my wake for body up a bit, but it can actually take your mind off the panicking. We all think better on a full stomach! ;)

- remember, these panicky feelings are uncomfortable, but will gradually subside.

It's not forever. I promise!

Thank you to everyone who has ever helped me on here, whether it be in chat or in the lovely comments you leave me.

I love you all, and I hoped this helped those who need it?

If you ever want to talk, I'm here, for everyone!

See you soon with a little Oneshot coming once I finish exams!!

Becca xx