𝖎𝖎 : 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎-𝖂𝖎𝖟𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙

𝕷𝖎𝖑𝖆

𝕷𝖎𝖑𝖆

"Now we're all settled in and sorted,
I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this
year but home to some very special guests
as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore is interrupted by Filch running down the center aisle.

A few students use this time to move seats to sit with whoever they want. The professors don't care much about who we sit with but they seemed a little tense this year. Both Dahlia and I take this time to sit with the Weasleys. Even though Dahlia and I are in Ravenclaw, most of our friends are in Gryffindor.

"Hey, guys." I whisper as I wedge myself between George and Fred. "Hello love." George kisses my temple before lacing our hands together under the table. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"So Hogwarts has been chosen to host
a legendary event, The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests." Everyone shares the same wondering look.

"From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later." I raise a confused eyebrow. "Is that my sweater?" George whispers. "Maybe." I smirk.

"For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madame Maxime." Dumbledore introduces. A group of girls dressed in blue dance up the aisle and release butterflies into the air. They bow and everyone applauds.

I see Dahlia's eyes widen and cheeks flush slightly as she gazes at the girls. I smile to myself, I always knew that Dahlia was different somehow, she never talked about boys, but she always talked about her friends that were girls.

"And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore continues. A group of older boys walks up the aisle with staffs, twirling them around and periodically stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect.

"Blimey, it's him, Viktor Krum!" Ron gasps in excitement causing me to suppress a giggle. Dumbledore then says that it was supper time and that the introductions would continue after.

"So Dahlia." Fred quirks an eyebrow. "Yes?" She blushes. "We saw you looking at the girls from Beauxbatons Academy." Ginny winks. "I don't know what you lot are talking about." She diverts her gaze to her plate of food. I make everyone move out of my way so I can sit next to her.

"You know it's okay if you like girls." I whisper. She looks at me with glossy eyes. "What about mum?" She asks. "You know that she will love you no matter what Dahlia." I squeeze her hand comfortingly. "Just take some time to figure things out for yourself, and when you are ready we will all still love and accept you." I kiss her forehead before going back to my seat.

"Your attention please!" Dumbledore shouts causing all of us to stop eating, besides Ron of course, he never stops. " I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three
tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks." My heart stops at his words.

"Wicked." Fred smiles. I slap his chest before whispering "Not wicked!". "For this reason the ministry has seen
fit to impose a new rule. To explain
all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." Dumbledore steps aside to allow him space to speak.

Thunder roars overhead, causing me to flinch and rain to begin leaking through the roof. A strange man stands in the doorway, he casts a spell upwards and seals the roof.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody" Ron gasps. "Alastor Moody? The aura." I ask before turning my head to the strange man. "He was a catcher. Half the cells in
Azkaban are full thanks to him. He's
supposed to be mad as a hatter though
these days." Ron explains.

"After much deliberation the ministry
has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final." Mr. Crouch explains causing me to let out a sigh of relief.

The crowd, however, is unsettled, people are booing. "That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!" The twins shout. "Stop it you two!" I scold. "Do you really want to risk your lives for something stupid?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"It's not stupid darling, eternal glory." Fred winks causing me to roll my eyes. "Silence!" Dumbledore bellows causing the students to go silent. He casts a spell over a box that melds into a goblet containing a blue flame.

"The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to
submit themselves for the tournament
merely write their name upon a piece
of parchment and throw it in the flame
before this hour on Thursday night.
Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's
no turning back. As from this moment
the tri-wizard tournament has begun."

:𝕬𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝕹𝖔𝖙𝖊:
Chapter two y'all! I'm so in love with this book. Also in case, you couldn't tell, the Beckett family comes from a long line of Ravenclaws- maybe 🤭. ALSO Dahlia- we will find out her sexuality soon. It is extremely important to me to have LGBTQ+ representation in my work because I myself am bisexual.

 It is extremely important to me to have LGBTQ+ representation in my work because I myself am bisexual