Chapter 32 - When All Else Fails

Drarry

Chapter 32 - When All Else Fails

"RUN!" Harry cried, beckoning for Hermione and Ron to escape.

"STOP THEM!" Yaxley boomed as two death eaters sped after the two students.

"Pertrificus Totalus!" Hermione screamed, sending a curse flying behind her. One of the death eaters groaned as the spell hit him squarely in the chest.

"KILL THEM, YOU FOOLS!" Yaxley screeched. "We must honour the Dark Lord's name!"

Hermione attempted to send another spell, however as the trio made it towards the Great Hall, a group of big burly death eaters stopped them - wands brandished and eyes glinting.

Harry, Hermione and Ron huddled - backs pressed together - wands pointed at the death eaters.

"Drop your wands, stupid children," Yaxley snided. "You've lost."

Harry's fists clenched and he turned the wand on Yaxley. Instantly, death eaters surged forward, pressing their wands closer to his body.

"One wrong move, boy, and I'll obliterate you and your chums," Yaxley said. "Did you really think that three children would be able to defeat a whole army of us? How naieve."

Harry bit his teeth together, trying desperately not to answer back. He closed his eyes thinking about the dead - Ginny ... Dean ... Draco ... however many more he didn't know, but he couldn't let the other people he cared about die. He didn't want another full scale war. He had to end this now ... his way.

"Do you have any last words, Potter?" Yaxley said, nodding at two of the biggest deatheaters - that were probably half-giant by the smell of them - to grab Hermione and Ron.

Harry stood silently, surrounded by death eaters. His head bowed, suddenly ashamed that he hadn't been able to protect everyone.

"Any last words, Potter?" Yaxley mocked, his wand pressing against his chest, reading to use the killing curse. "I want to hear you beg for your life, before I kill you anyway!"

"HARRY!" Hermione squeaked.

Harry's eyes shot up and he saw Ron grunt in pain and slide to the floor, a gaping wound bleeding on his chest. Hermione was crying, her hands covering her mouth as a silent scream escaped her lips. Ron lay pulsating on the floor, his chest squirming and spasming as he grunted in pain.

"ANY LAST WORDS POTTER!" Yaxley screamed. "This is your last chance to beg for mercy!"

"Screw you, Yaxley," a voice mumbled.

Harry spun around and saw Draco, standing uneasily on his feet, his wand pointed at the older man's chest. "Drop your wand or you die."

Yaxley grinned. "If I don't you'll just die anyway - what makes you think my men won't destroy you - you traitor?!"

"It'll be worth the risk," Malfoy said, calmly.

"Just like your father, stubborn and stupid," Yaxley gloated, "no wonder the dark lord never trusted you. He always knew it would be Snape to kill Dumbledore."

"Don't say a word against either of them!" Harry snapped, turning his wand on Yaxley. "Or both of us will kill you ... together!"

"Did you hear that?" Yaxley laughed. "He's threatening to kill me!"

All the death eaters laughed, Draco flashed Harry a sidewards glance, nodding his head a minuscule. Hermione wanted them both and nodded as if she knew what they were thinking.

"NOW!" Draco roared. "FUMOS!" Smoke expelled from his wand and the death eaters cried out, surprised.

Harry, Hermione and Draco dived to the ground as the killing curses flew back and forth. They heard dull thuds as bodies fell to the floor. As the smoke began to clear, Harry and Draco got up quickly, firing more spells at the remaining few death eaters.

Yaxley was the only one remaining and he looked raging.

"Do you have any words to say before we kill you?" Draco hissed.

Yaxley's eyes narrowed into slits.

"AVADA -"

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Draco screamed, his wand centred on Yaxley's chest.

The death eater fell to the floor, his eyes glassy and a evil smirk still on his lips. "That was for my family," Draco hissed, turning his back and making his way towards Harry.

Harry looked at him in shock, still trying to register that he was alive. He smiled as Draco wrapped his arms around his body, pulling him in for a warm embrace.

"Don't ever scare me like that again!" Harry gasped, nuzzling his head into the crook of the taller boy's neck. Happy tears rolled down Harry's cheeks.

"I promise," Draco mumbled, stroking Harry's back comfortingly. Suddenly Draco's legs buckled beneath him and he leant heavily against Harry, straining to keep himself up. Harry yelped in shock as Draco began to shake, his eyes dilating massively and a load growl rip from his throat.

Harry pulled up Draco's sleeve and saw the deep bite wound on the boy's arm. Draco let out another coarse growl.

Harry instantly knew what was happening as he looked up at the full moon ....

________________________________________________________________________________

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Hey guys I'm back, sort of, but still! This is only a short chapter because well some people seemed to think the last chapter was the end (sorry about that haha!)

How many of you knew Draco wasn't dead? I mean guys, I'm not that mean to kill off my favourite blond haired slytherin :P But it's nice to know you all enjoyed the last chapter haha, it made me smile :D

Anyway until next time Wattpadians :D