Chapter 9 - Surpise?

Drarry

Chapter 9 - Surprise?

"Pregnant!" Harry raged, pacing back and forth in the common room in anguish. His mind was racing and his heart pounding. "How can she be pregnant?" he said, finally bursting with all the pressure that was building up inside of him.

"I'm pretty sure you know how it works, Harry," Ron snarled, his fists curling up into balls. He was angry - fuming - at the betrayal of his friend. Harry knew that he was reluctant to even let them date, let alone ... No, he didn't want to think about it.

Harry shot him an angry glare as he continued to pace back and forth in despair. Hermione, who had been sat on the sofa watching as the two boys worried about Ginny, sighed and looked between the two friends in dismay. "Come on," she whispered finally, getting to her feet and walking towards Ron. "I really don't see what the problem is here. Ginny's perfectly capable of making up her own mind on what she wants to do."

Both Ron and Harry's jaws dropped open as they swirled around - at exactly the same time - to face her in disbelief. Ron shook his head angrily, his jaw clenching as he sat back down on the sofa. Harry went back to pacing, ignoring his best friend's cold and accusing glares.

At least they can agree that they both think I'm wrong, Hermione mused, smiling to herself.

"The problem," Ron began, sitting ridgidly in the chair, "is that my sister is bloody pregnant with your child!" he snapped, pointing at Harry.

"Ron, it was an accident. I don't think either of them planned for this to happen," Hermione reasoned, looking at her boyfriend with a sympathetic expression.

"So that makes it all okay, does it?" he thundered, throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation. "As long as they didn't mean to!"

"Stop being stupid, Ron!" Harry snapped, fed up with accusations being thrown at him. "How do you even know for certain that it's mine?"

Ron paused, his cheeks turning pink with anger. "Because you're the only possible one it could be! What are you trying to accuse my sister of being?" Ron snarled, his nails diggging into the arm of the sofa as he tried to control his anger.

"Ron, calm down," Hermione muttered, resting a comforting hand on her boyfriend's arm.

"What about Dean?" Harry spat, fear bubbling inside him. What if the child was Dean's? Wait, why should he even care it wasn't as if he was romantically attached to her anymore? But yet, he desperately didn't want the child to be Dean's. Surely Ginny wouldn't betray him when they were still dating? Would she?

"What about him? He and Ginny broke up ages ago!"

"Then how do you explain them always disappearing off together?" Harry said finally after a few seconds pause.

Ron remained silent, not knowing quite what to say. Dean and Ginny had been sneaking off a lot lately ... maybe something had been going on between them. 

That slimy git, Ron thought angrily.

"Exactly, you don't know if it is mine at all," Harry muttered, turning on his heel and fleeing the room.

*   *   *

Harry ran down the corridor, tears prickling in the corners of his eyes. How could Ginny be pregnant? It just wasn't possible. He made his way towards the toilets, when suddenly as he rounded the corner he ran into something. Or rather someone.

Malfoy flew backwards as Harry fell forwards and they both landed in a rather uncompromising position on the hard stone floor, startling them both. Harry looked down at Malfoy, his eyes widening as he realised just what position they were it. But something about it felt right and mini fireworks were exploding inside of his stomach. 

Malfoy was the first to come to his senses. "Get off me, Potter!" he muttered, pushing Harry's chest away from his. He had to say that he was impressed by the muscles that were prominent in Harry's chest. Being seeker was sure helping his appearance. Ignoring the tingling sensations that were flying through his body as pushed Harry off him, breathing a shaky breath as he straightened his robes casually.

Harry sat up quickly, blushing, and pulled himself to his feet and offering Malfoy a hand up. He didn't know what caused this sudden outburst of generosity, but for some reason there he was standing with his hand outstreched to help Draco Malfoy - of all people - to his feet. 

"I don't need your help, Potter," Malfoy snapped, looking at Harry's hand suspiciously.

"Fine, sorry," Harry mumbled before walking off in a daze, muttering to himself. His thoughts were too preoccupied by Ginny's news to notice that Malfoy was watching him leave with a strange, unreadable expression on his face.

That was strange, Malfoy mused. Did Potter just apologise? To me?

And he was almost sure that as Harry walked off, he had heard him mutter the word "pregnant". Malfoy smirked, picking himself off the floor. Now he finally had got something good to torment him about. This was going to be fun.

Serves Potter right, he thought, with a sly smirk, saying all those things about my father on the train. Interesting, very interesting indeed.

---------------------------------
Well done to everyone who guess that Ginny was pregnant. I hope you continue reading the story to find out what else happens. please keep voting and commenting :)