Chapter 22 - A Moment To Remember

Drarry

Chapter 22 - A Moment To Remember

At eight o'clock, Harry made his way across the courtyard to meet Malfoy. He entered the broomstick shed, quietly closing the door behind him. 

"Malfoy?" he whispered, looking around the shed. 

From the darkness, Malfoy walked forwards and grinned at the dark haired boy before him, "Yes?" he asked, getting closer so that the two were only a few inches apart. 

"Wha ..." Harry's voice cracked slightly, and he quickly cleared his throat. "What am I here for?"

Malfoy looked stunned for a moment, before he smirked. "Well, Potter, I was thinking maybe we could go for a fly again. I quite enjoyed myself last time."

Harry's jaw dropped and he stared at the blonde haired boy in front of him. "Are you being serious?"

Malfoy chuckled. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I ... I don't know. It just doesn't feel like something you'd do," Harry admitted, shuffling awkwardly on his feet. 

"You're going to have to start trusting me more," Malfoy muttered, reaching past Harry, so the boy was pinned against the wall. 

"H ... huh?" Harry's breath caught in his throat. 

Malfoy smirked at Harry and grabbed the broom from beside Harry's head. He quickly pulled away laughing, grinning inwardly at the way his prescence affected The Boy Who Lived. "Come on, Potter! Let's go!" 

Harry blushed, pulled his broom off the wall and followed after Malfoy as the two of them left the broom shed. They snuck around the side of the castle and Malfoy turned to Harry grinning. "Let's see what you're made of," he laughed, mounting his broom and soaring into the night sky. 

Harry smirked after the slytherin, his heart accelerating in his chest. He really liked the new Malfoy. 

"Come on, Potter!" Malfoy hissed, "or someone will see us!"

Harry kicked off the ground and soared after Malfoy as they whizzed through the sky. They were level flying and Harry quickly took a look at Malfoy, who's face was alright with joy as the wind whipped past him. He looked over at Harry and grinned. "Ready for a race?" 

Before Harry could reply, Malfoy had zoomed off, leaving Harry staring after him. He let out a war cry and flew after Malfoy. His happiness radiated from him and they flew for ages, each enjoying themselves more by the minute. 

Finally, when they were both tired, they retired to a small clearing, where they both lay down on their backs staring up at the starry sky. 

"It's beautiful," Harry whispered, staring intently at the stars.

"I know," Malfoy whispered, watching the Boy Who Lived with a small smile. He blushed and turned away quickly, looking back at the sky. "Listen, Potter, I need to tell you something."

Harry rolled onto his side and looked expectantly at Malfoy. "Yes?"

"I think ... I think I might have found someone I like ... a lot," Malfoy mumbled, unable to meet Harry's gaze. 

Harry's face fell slightly. "Oh ..."

"Yeah ... I didn't expect to ... It sort of just happened," he whispered. 

"Well, I'd better be getting back," Harry said quickly, unable to listen to Malfoy declaring his love for someone who wasn't him. "Ron might notice I'm gone," he said, picking up his broomstick and flying off. 

"HARRY!" Malfoy screamed, watching as Harry disappeared into the night. Tears rolled down Malfoy's cheeks and he furiously wiped them away. He was not going to cry over this!

*   *   *

Harry flew quickly back to the castle, threw his broom in the shed and ran back towards his common room. No sooner had he stepped through the portrait, Hermione pulled him by the sleeve and told him to sit down on the sofa. Everyone else was asleep and Hermione looked furious. 

"Where have you been?" Hermione snapped. "At first I thought you were with Ginny, but then Ginny appeared with Dean, so where have you been?"

"Ginny was with Dean?" Harry fumed, standing up suddenly. 

"Oh sit down!" Hermione raged, "they're friends. She needs someone to support her considering she's pregnant. So, who were you with all this time?"

Harry stayed quiet, his arms crossed tightly in front of his chest. 

"Fine. Don't tell me, but I already know it was Malfoy," she said, sitting down opposite him. 

"Wha ... HOW?" he demanded, blushing slightly. 

"I saw you two coming out of the broom shed, before you both flew off. You weren't that inconspicuous you know."

"You can't tell anyone! Please, Hermione! It won't happen again," Harry pleaded. 

"I won't, but you might have to tell someone soon. Harry, do you like him?"

Harry stayed quiet, looking shamefully at his hands. He wanted to tell her everything, but he didn't want to hurt Ginny. Not because of this. 

"Just don't hurt Ginny, Harry," she whispered, as she made her way to bed. "Just promise that."

Harry nodded, staring at his hands. He suddenly jumped up from the sofa and left the Gryffindor corridor. He had to find Malfoy. It had to end! Everything. 

Malfoy made his way towards the Slytherin common room, when Harry ran into him. 

"Hermione knows!" Harry breathed. "She saw us!"

"What?" Malfoy stuttered, his jaw dropping slightly. He turned around and saw Ginny making her way along the corridor. Suddenly, his bravery overcame him and he pulled Harry towards him and pressed their lips firmly together. Harry was slightly taken aback, but he smiled into the kiss, wrapping his fingers in Draco's blonde hair. The Slytherin let out a low growl and kissed Harry back more passionately. 

"HARRY!" Ginny screamed, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

Harry pulled away quickly and turned around, his jaw dropping open. "It's not what it looks like!" he gushed. "He ... he came onto me!" 

Ginny turned and fled from the corridor, leaving Harry staring after her helplessly. He turned to face Malfoy, anger burning through him. 

"YOU! YOU KNEW SHE WAS THERE!" he fumed. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE JUST BEEN COOL ABOUT IT!" Suddenly he saw red and slapped the blonde around the face. Malfoy was stunned. 

Harry didn't wait for a response and fled after Ginny. "GINNY!" he screamed. "GINNY WAIT PLEASE!"

_____________________________________________________________________________

SO I'm halfway through the exams at the moment and I decided that after revising this morning, I would write a chapter for you guys because I know how much you want to know what's going to happen. Sorry to leave this chapter on a cliffhanger but I hope it keeped you hooked :D

Anyway thanks for all the support, keep commenting and I'll try to reply to every comment :D But seriously you guys make me laugh - you're comments are always so positive. THANK YOU :D

Emma out! XD