Chapter 20 - Almost Exposed

Drarry 

Chapter 20 - Almost Exposed

Harry slipped past the slytherin common room, not understanding why he had found himself stood outside the snake's lair. He didn't know what had brought him here as there was no reason to - it was dark, after lights out, yet here he was. He looked around - no one else was up. Sighing, he looked down at the Maurader's Map that was lit only by the Lumos of his wand. He mentally cursed as he saw both Severus Snape and Draco Malfoy about to turn around either of corners. He had nowhere to hide, except maybe the Slytherin common room. Maybe Malfoy would help him. 

Making his decision, he darted towards the corner that Draco Malfoy was about to appear from. He grabbed the blonde boy's robes, pressing a hand over his mouth. Malfoy, of course, protested, shaking roughly in Harry's grip. 

Harry shook his head quickly. "Help me," he whispered in the blonde boy's ear. 

Malfoy stopped struggling and looked down at the map in Potter's hand. His eyes widened as he saw Snape's footsteps nearing the corner where they were both out of bed after hours. Harry removed his hand from over Malfoy's mouth and looked at him in panic as Snape got nearer.

"Follow me," Malfoy hissed, grabbing Harry's hand and dragging him out into the corridor.

Harry's eyes widened as he realised that they were heading towards Snape. He desperately tried to stuggle free but Malfoy's grip was like iron on his arm.

"Please don't take me to Snape!" he hissed, shaking his arm furiously.

"Shut up, Potter!" Draco snapped. "Salazar Slytherin!"

The passage opened and the boys slipped through it, breathing a sigh of relief as Snape walked past the enterance - unaware that anyone was out of bed. Harry looked over at Malfoy, who had already made his way to the common room and sunk down onto one of the sofas. 

"That was close!" Malfoy breathed, pulling his robes off over his head, leaving the Slytherin shirtless. "What are you doing here, Potter?"

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but no sound came out. He was too enchanted by the toned muscles that were staring at him right in the face. His eyes scanned Draco's body and all words had vanished from his brain. 

"Like what you see, Potter?" Malfoy asked with a smirk. 

Harry snapped out of his daze instantly. "I ... er ... I'd better go," he mumbled pathetically. 

"No!" Malfoy said quickly, then cleared his throat, blushing slightly. "Snape'll catch you," he added. 

"I can't stay here," Harry mumbled. 

"Why not?"

"Ron will notice that I'm missing."

"Forget Weaslbee for a moment. What were you doing here anyway?"

"I'm ... I'm not sure," Harry admitted.

"Just admit it," Malfoy whispered, walking towards Harry with brisk steps. "You wanted to see me."

Harry opened his mouth to protest. "I -"

"Shsh!" Malfoy hissed. "Someone's coming!" He grabbed Harry's arm and led him towards a cupboard. "Hide in here."

Reluctantly Harry slipped inside. Malfoy had barely closed the door when Blaise appeared at the bottom of the stairs. 

"What are you doing, Malfoy?" he asked. 

"I ... er ... couldn't sleep."

"Right," Blaise answered, raising an eyebrow. "Who were you talking to?"

"No one," Malfoy answered quickly. "I mean someone ... no I mean no one ... I was talking to myself," he stuttered, mentally cursing as he rambled. 

"Are you alright?" Blaise asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Perfectly alright," Malfoy replied. 

"You're acting weird."

"Go to bed, Blaise," Malfoy snapped. 

"There's the Malfoy I know," Blaise said chuckling as he made his way back up to bed. 

Malfoy watched until Blaise was no longer in sight and he had heard the bedroom door shut quietly, before he opened the cupboard door. 

"It's safe to come out, Potter," Malfoy hissed, opening the door to reveal a sleeping Harry. He almost laughed as he saw that Harry was curled up on a pile of blankets. 

Smiling, Malfoy shut the cupboard door and went back to lie down on the sofa. 

*   *   * 

"AAAAAAHHHHH!" 

Harry was startled awake by a scream. His eyes shot open and he looked up to see a red-faced Pansy Parkinson staring down at him. Malfoy, who had been asleep on the sofa, lept up and swore as he saw Pansy. 

"What are you doing in here?" Pansy shrieked, glaring coldly at Harry. 

"Shsh, Pansy," Draco warned. "You'll wake everyone!" 

"GOOD!" 

Harry lept to his feet and was about to run away, when Pansy caught hold of his grey pyjama shirt and wouldn't let him go. 

"Pansy, get off him!" Draco ordered, advancing towards her. 

"Why?!" she shrieked. "He's in our common room! Why is he here?" she demanded. 

"I don't know!" Malfoy roared.

"Guys, what's going on?" 

All three heads snapped up to face Blaise, who was standing at the bottom of the stairs. "What's he doing here?" Blaise asked, his eyebrows raised. 

"You've got to get out of here!" Malfoy said to Harry as they heard the dormitory doors begin to open.

Harry nodded in a panic.

"Pansy, let him go!" Draco roared, pulling Harry from her grasp. "GO!" he said to Harry. 

Nodding, Harry lept up and disappeared down the corridor, closely followed by Malfoy. 

"Salzar Slytherin," Malfoy muttered as the door swung open. "I'm so dead for this," he muttered, grabbing Harry's face in his hands. He drew their faces together and placed a quick kiss on Harry's lips. 

Malfoy pulled away quickly and pushed him from the door, just as it slammed shut, leaving Harry staring gormlessly at it.

Had Malfoy just covered for him? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided I was going to write a quick chapter, so don't hate me if it's too short because I'm still revising for my exams in a few short weeks time. (PANICKING NOW! AAh!) But I wanted to make sure the people that were reading this story got another chapter so ... voila here it is :D 

I hope you like it, I will be writing more frequently after my exams, I promise :D 

Adios amigos :D 

Keep voting and commenting. Merci :D 

(I'm really not normal so please excuse my strangeness) 

Okay bye :D x