Chapter 6 - A Unexpected Meeting

Only a small chapter, but I hope you enjoy it. :D

Drarry

Chapter 6 - An Unexpected Meeting

The next day was the first quiddich game of the year. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. And Harry was feeling particually nervous for some reason; he wasn't quite sure why. Usually he felt excited before a match, but today for some reason he felt sick in the pit of his stomach.

Ron, who bounced happily across the dormitory, skidded to a halt beside Harry's bed and grinned happily at him. "GO, GO GYFFINDOR!" he cried, shaking Harry's arm to encourage his friend out of bed.

"Shut up, Ron," Dean moaned, rolling over in his bed and pressing his face in his pillow. "It's still early."

Ron rolled his eyes. "Where were you last night anyway?"

Dean tensed and clenched his jaw, refusing to remove his head from the pillow. He groaned into it and grimaced. How was he meant to explain his absence? "I was in bed of course."

Ron shook his head, smiling broadly. "No you weren't. I woke up at twelve and you weren't there."

"Do you have a habit of watching me sleep?"

"I wasn't watching you if you weren't there."

"Now, now girls, please lets not argue," Seamus mumbled, sitting up reluctantly in his bed and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Both Ron and Dean shot him unamused glares as Neville cackled with laughter, before noticing Harry's pale face. "Are you alright, Harry?" he asked. "You don't look too good."

Harry, who had zoned out from the conversation, looked up at the rest of the boys - who were shooting him worried glances. "I'm fine," he mumbled.

"Maybe you shouldn't play today," Seamus said, getting out of bed and pulling on his robes.

"Er ... Seamus," Ron muttered. "You're still wearing your pjamas."

"I'm fine," Harry insisted. "I probably just need some breakfast."

Harry slid out of bed and quickly changed into his Quiddich uniform and darted out of the dormitory - to avoid anymore questions. On the way down the stairs, he bumped into Ginny, who looked just as pale as he did.

"Are you alright?" he said, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

She spun around quickly and pulled him in for a tight hug. "I'm fine," she whispered, kissing him delicately on the lips. Harry smiled against her, wrapping his arms around her skinny frame. At times like this he wasn't sure why there was even doubt in his mind about their relationship.

"We'll crush, Slytherin," she muttered as she pulled away and made her way out the common room.

Harry smiled after her, as he saw Hermione waiting for him and Ron at the portrait. She smiled and walked towards him, hugging him briefly. "Is Ron ready?" she asked.

Harry shook his head and Hermione rolled her eyes. "You go on," she said, pushing him after Ginny. "I'll wait for Ronald."

"Thanks," Harry muttered, before darting out of the common room in a haste to catch up with his girlfriend.

She was gone.

He cursed under his breath and made his way towards the Great Hall, taking the longest possible route he could. He needed time to think and all the morning chatter and excitement for the Quiddich game wasn't going to allow his thoughts to process. He turned the corner and was startled to see Malfoy standing beside one of the windows, just staring outside.

"Malfoy?"

Draco jumped and swung around quickly, a frown creasing on his forehead. "What do you want, Potter?"

"What are you doing?"

"Standing," he replied. "I thought that was pretty obvious."

"Why here?" Harry pressed. "The Slytherin common room's in the dungeons."

"Thanks for that useless piece of information," Malfoy snapped. "I'm pretty sure I know where that is."

"Why aren't you dressed for Quiddich?"

"Anymore personal questions, Potter? Would you like to know my date of birth while you're at it?"

5th June, Harry thought, his jaw swinging open. He didn't even realise he had known.

"Just answer the question, Malfoy."

"Why?"

"Why are you being so difficult? Are you playing today? Yes or no?"

"What does it matter?"

"Malfoy?" Harry warned.

"Fine, whatever, yes I'm playing. No, I don't want to talk to you about why I'm here and my birthday's the 5th June."

Knew it, Harry mused.

"Don't care," he mumbled.

Malfoy raised an eyebrow. "That's not very nice, is it Potter?"

"Sod off, Malfoy."

"You spoke to me first."

Harry rolled his eyes and made his way onwards towards the Great Hall.

No wonder he's never had a girlfriend. He's a git. Harry thought, gritting his teeth.