Chapter 18 - Mixed Emotions

Drarry

Chapter 18 - Mixed Emotions

Hagrid's hut was lit up as the three friends made their way towards it. The Gamekeeper opened the door as soon as they had knocked, and had engulfed the three of them in a big, scatchy hug. Harry smiled up at the half-giant, laughing as Fang ran around barking hysterically. 

"Hagrid, we've missed you!" Hermione said as she made her way inside the hut.

"Yeah, how come you didn't tell us you were leaving?" Ron asked, following after his girlfriend.

"It all came rather sudden to be honest with ya," Hagrid mumbled, looking close to tears.

"I take it they still haven't found Gwarp then," Harry mumbled, patting Hagrid gently on the back.

"The Ministry said they'd still look for him an' that they ain't given up 'ope yet, but I'm not sure if they will. You see Gwappy isn' like all the other giants. He's me brother an' it were my job to protect him," Hagrid sniffed. "I failed him!" he wailed, pulling a gigantic pink handkerchief from his pocket and wiped it across his hairy face. "Me own brother."

"They'll find him, Hagrid," Hermione said soothingly as she watched him thoughtfully.

"But what if they don't?" the half-giant replied.

"Then we'll find him," Harry piped up as both Hermione and Ron turned to stare at him in amazement.

"We will?" Hermione asked uncertainly as Hagrid eyes lit up at Harry.

"We will," Harry replied firmly.

Hagrid seemed to come to his senses and looked away quickly. "No, Harry, I can't let you do that. It's too dangerous!"

"I'm sure it won't come to that," Hermione pressed. "The Ministry will undoubtedly find him, I assure you. Percy told me that they're searching day and night."

"Why do you always talk to Percy?" Ron snapped, his ears turning pink.

"He's my friend, Ronald," Hermione replied, waving a dismissive hand at her boyfriend.

"He's a git," Ron mumbled quietly.

~   

Harry made his way back towards the school: Hermione and Ron had headed straight back to the common room, whislt Harry had decided that he needed to clear his head. He was still annoyed at Malfoy for messing with his emotions like that and he wasn't quite sure that he was ready to see Ginny just yet. Ever since she had begged to be allowed back to Hogwarts - against the doctors wishes - she had been more clingy than ever and he had found it hard to have a moment alone. 

He passed the library, not bothering to look inside, he didn't want any more awkward encounters with Malfoy anyway. So, he continued on his way until he reached the Room of Requirement, when just as he was about to walk past, the door opened and Dean and Ginny staggered out. Ginny was ensared in Dean's arms, pressed against his chest. 

"Ginny?" Harry mumbled weakly, as although he didn't feel the same towards her anymore - the jealous rivalry between him and Dean angered him. He was hurt to see her in Dean's arms. 

"Harry ..." Ginny whispered, tugging herself free from Dean's grasp. "It's not what it looks like, I swear."

Harry, who couldn't see properly through the tears that were threatening to escape his eyes, clenched his fists and turned sharply away. He strode off down the corridor, ignoring both Ginny and Dean's shouts after him. He was too annoyed and hurt to hear what either of them had to say. It was the last time that he was going to be messed with.