Chapter 28 - All Things Are Normal Again

Drarry

Chapter 28 - All Things Are Normal Again

Recap:

The moment was perfect and nothing could hold them back now.

"Well ... well ... well," a voice slowly snided. "What do we have here then?"

Harry and Malfoy wheeled around slowly to see Professor Snape standing a few feet away with a smirk on his lips. Instantly the pair both blushed beetroot, sprung apart and stared shamefully at the floor. He was the last person they wanted to know about the two of them, besides Lucius Malfoy. 

"Either of you care to share what you're both doing out of bed after hours?" Snape drawled with a huge smirk plastered on his face. 

Malfoy quickly shook his head and darted off down the corridor, leaving Harry staring helplessly after him. Snape chuckled to himself, causing Harry to snap back to reality. 

"I ... I can explain," he stuttered, blushing.

"I'm pretty sure I don't want to know the ins and outs of your and Malfoy's doings," Snape replied. 

"Yes, sir."

"Now go back to your dormitory before I am forced to send you to detention."

Harry nodded, beginning to walk back to the common room, but he stopped and turned back towards Snape. "Please don't tell anyone," Harry begged, pleading with a conscience buried somewhere deep within the Headmaster. 

"Go Potter," Snape said plainly, before he left. 

Harry sighed, letting out the deep breath of relief that he had been holding, before making his way back to the common room. He was greated by seven pairs of questionning eyes. 

"Blimey Harry, you could have given us some warning all this was going to happen!" Fred chuckled. "I would give anything to have seen two people fight over you. But first ... George, if you will."

Harry barely had time to protest, before the twins had punched him on both his arms. 

"Oww!" he snarled, glaring at both Fred and George in turn. "What was that for?!"

"That was for hurting out sister! But fairplay with Draco, mate. I thought you hated the snake!" Fred said, smirking. 

Harry instantly relaxed and smirked at the eldest of the twins. "He's alright."

"From what we've heard he's more than alright," George chipped in, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. 

"Shut up," Harry said, blushing furiously. 

"I can't believe you're siding with him!" Ginny muttered furiously. "You're my brothers and he broke my heart!"

Fred and George looked slightly sheepish, but Harry decided it was time to say something. "Ginny, I know that I broke your heart and I'm genuinely sorry for that. Don't make your brothers choose between friends and family because they're not involved in this. This only involves me, you and ..." he gritted his teeth. "... Dean."

Dean looked up at the mention of his name. He was still fuming at Harry for using a spell on him. "Ginny, we don't have to listen to this. Come on let's go."

"No!" Ron growled. "You are not being alone with her ever again! Look what happened this time," he said, pointing at the sleeping child in Hermione's arms. 

Dean rolled his eyes and marched from the dormitory. "This is ridiculous." Seamus sighed and followed after Dean, patting Harry comforting on the arm before he disappeared after his friend.

*   *   * 

Lucius Malfoy was raging. The letter from his wife was the final straw. 

He looked down at the letter again. 

Lucius, 

I'm begging you to think about what you're about to do. As your wife, I am appealing for you to come to your senses. Think about Draco, Lucius. The giant is not worth losing your son. What are you trying to prove? That you can take over Hogwarts forcefully, because if that's the case it's never going to work and all that will happen is that you will end up in Azkaban for the remainder of your days. Do you really want to miss out on your life with Draco? I beg you to reconsider because if you don't then I will leave you. I am already putting my neck on the line for you and I refuse to drag Draco into this too. You either return the giant to Hogwarts or I walk. Understand? 

Narcissa.

Would he stop the attack he and the remaining Death Eaters had been planning since the Dark Lord's death? For the sake of his wife and son? He did love them, but he was a leader to the Dark Eater's now and they looked up to him. Would he really jeopardize his new found leadership for anything? He wasn't sure. 

And what would the Death Eaters say if he did call off the attack? He would surely be killed by them. It was either life imprisonment in Azkaban or death. 

He lost either way. It was a case of whether he could face losing his family too. 

*   *   * 

Malfoy had been thinking about Harry all day. It was driving him insane. How could this boy make him feel such powerful emotions when they had hated each other so deeply only a few weeks ago. It didn't make any sense to him, but he did like the feeling of being with The Chosen One. It was like he had won the affection of the biggest heart-throb at school, besides himself of course, and it felt satisfying. 

The Boy Who Lived had won his heart and it felt great. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

I know this is a short chapter, but I've just had so much going on that I haven't had the time or inclination to upload. I know you have all been desperate for a new chapter so this is just a little something and I'm just going to say now, we are heading towards the end of this fanfiction soon. Don't get me wrong I have loved writing this Drarry, but I want to concentrate soon on my own original writing that I have somewhat neglected since this fanfiction started. It means a lot that you all like the fanfiction and I want to thank you all for your praise, it makes me feel great when I get nice comments and votes. 

Just a quick little note, I would appreciate it if in the comments there wasn't so much swearing because it gets flagged. So lets just keep the comments PG. I'd really appreciate it thanks :D 

So anyway I got my results yesterday and I passed! Woo! Just thought I'd let you know because I spent so much of my time revising :) 

Anyway until next time :) 

Emma x