Chapter 1- WELCOME TO CHICAGO

Cassy's POV

I breathed heavily as I carried in the heavy cardboard box with my clothes and belongings. I stumbled through the hall and put it desperately on the edge of the bed in my room.

"Cassandra." A weak, feminine voice called out from the room next to mine.

"Coming Aunt Marie! A second please." I said as I shifted the box farther from the edge in fear that it will drop down.

I walked out as I unlocked my black, waist-length hair from a bun and ran my fingers through it. They had gotten frustratingly tangled. Again. I reached the room where Aunt Marie was laying down and knocked softly.

"Come in dear." Her weak voice said. Aunt Marie is a prey to a terrible heart disease. I had a special spot for her in my heart and since she wasn't able to take care of herself, I offered to move in with her. Again. Not that it's a problem. She had raised me since I was 3 like her own child, especially since she didn't have any of her own.

My parents had died in a fire while I was at my play school. My Aunt offered to take me in. I actually don't even remember having parents. It was always Aunt Marie. My mother, father. Everything. She was my backbone and moral support.

Last month, her best friend told me of her condition and how desperately she needed help. I immediately resigned my job as a waitress and came over here. Well not immediately, it took a long time to convince Aunt Marie of letting me leave my life and come to her.

As I entered the room, I noticed the pile of medical equipment and let out a grievous sigh.

"Cassandra," Aunt Marie said, "you did so much for me, and... even left your job. I thought I could help you by finding somethi-"

"It really-"

"-No, listen. It's the same thing. It's for a big....company and they'd pay you well. I just want you to see it once. Just that. Tomorrow they have the interview. Go, please"

I breathed heavily and finally sighed, giving in. "Alright Aunt Marie, only because you say so." I kissed her lightly on the forehead and mumbled a "Goodnight."

Rumes' POV

I buttoned my white shirt as the girl lay on my bed. She stretched and looked at me after opening her eyes in confusion. "You going somewhere, honey?" She asked.

I groaned in frustration and leaned on the bed over her till I was inches from her beautiful face. "You don't call me honey, sweetie. Get it?"

I could tell by the look on her face that she was intimidated. She nodded.

"Good. Wear some clothes and not a word outside."

That is how me and my 'partners' have always been. It's safer this way, nobody gets hurt. Especially me.

Even if it came at low costs.

Normally, I didn't give women much 'romantic' attention and when I find them really hot, they ended up in bed with me. Almost always.

Norah. This one, this time. She's a supermodel I met tonight at a charity event. It was matter of time. We were hungry. And, I lived nearby

It did not matter, anyways since it was a one-night stand and there was no meeting her again.

There never were second meetings.

Not if I had to get my heart broken again.
_______________________________________
Hi guys. So, this is my first story. Please support me a bit with this. read and share your views.
Yes, I know nothing really happened here but it is just the beginning. Promise- this will get better.
Please share, comment and vote.
Also I wrote this a long time ago, with no prior experience to writing novels, so I am sorry for anything you don't find good.
K R Y S T L E

PS CHAPTERS ARE DEDICATED TO ANYONE WHO HAS VOTED GENEROUSLY ON THIS STORY! IT'S JUST A SPECIAL WAY OF SAYING THANK YOU TO YOU ALL

A THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS STORY, VOTES OR NOT. I AM VERY GRATEFUL 😊